Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What makes you a "bad mom"? *Just wanted to add*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

None of us are perfect parents, we all do things that others look at as "bad" 

spanking, circumsising, co-sleeping, solids too early, not rear facing long enough, etc...

everyone on here should be able to atleast admit one thing they do that others look at as wrong, so their shouldnt be any "nothings"

Just for fun, you can go anon. 

I'll post mine after i get a few answers.

Remember, JUST FOR FUN. 

No bashing

I'm suprised this went as well as it did. I was honestly expecting fewer people to participate and when i saw how many, i was expecting drama.  

However, a few people did take it as i was calling them bad moms if they happened to spank, circumsize, etc...anything i gave as an example. 

That is NOT NOT NOT what i was getting at. TBH, i plan on getting any future sons circumsized, i co-sleep, my daughter had solids at 5 months, my 9 month old is forward facing. so i'm far from a perfect mom.

Theres only one reply on here that i think doesn't deserve to have kids, and it wasnt even one of the cafemom'ers, it was about someone they knew.

I'm sorry if anybody took offense at that. 

Okay one of my "confessions" was that i forward face my 9 month old, whos almost 10 months now! :)

Im not gonna be one of those who go into the whole "shes over the weight limit, the doctor told me i could, my kid hates riding rear facing etc"

yes i forward face her, have since she was 8 months. 

at first she wasn't over the weight limit to be forward facing, but i chose too. 

Its a pain the in ass to have to put her in rear facing especially when she stiffens out when i put her in their. I've bonked her head on the car multiple times trying to get her rear facing. 

Its convientant for me, i'm her mommy and it was my choice.

I've been pulled over before, actually on new years and the cop saw that she was forward facing and didn't say a word.

and the doctor did say it was fine, but she had already been FF before that.

i will forward face at 9 months again if i need too.

im not a bad mom for it.

i live in a small town, 3000 or less and we go a whole 2 blocks to the store and 2 blocks back.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2012 at 5:53 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2012 at 6:11 PM

The main meal without the side dishes DUH

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Quoting The_Doodle:

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Quoting The_Doodle:

My 2 year old hasn't eaten fruits or vegetables since she was about 11 months old other than a tiny bite in rare situations.

Why?

Because she won't. The only thing she will eat that is even close to it is those fruit puree pouches but even those are hit and miss.

Does she have a sensory disorder?

What does she eat?

candyrow
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 6:12 PM
2 moms liked this
My kids are still up and it is 11.15pm .They are only 5 & 4. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2012 at 6:12 PM
3 moms liked this

K i'll list mine. I'm glad some  can atleast see it and have some fun.

My 9 month is forward facing, pit bulls sleep in the same room as my daughter, uhm...theres more. having a hard time thinking right now lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2012 at 6:12 PM
2 moms liked this

I am a terrible housekeeper especially since I quit using meth (a million years ago), and we probably eat too much fast food. Also, I am in a bad marriage but too beat down to get out and my kids are not seeing a good representation of a working relationship

CeeGee81
by CanadaGirl on Dec. 31, 2012 at 6:12 PM
3 moms liked this

My son can watch as much TV as he wants.

Brandyns87
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this

My son and I watch American Dad and the Cleveland Show together.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2012 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this

When I put a video on when I can't stand listening one more minute. I spend a tremendous amount of time with DD and love her company, but I will admit, there are times one a week or so when I put one on to shut her up for 30 minutes. She honestly talks ALL DAY LONG.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2012 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I let my toddler eat sweets ALL THE TIME.  I hate to listen to him cry.  I know I am horrible and I have to just wean him from sugar!  I also let my kids watch tv when I have house work to do tsk tsk

Mrs.Winchester
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I've watched Supernatural with my 4 year old daughter in the room.  She knows who Dean and Sam are.

I haven't watched the Walking Dead with her in the room but she does know what Zombies are and thinks that's what happens when we die.  LOL

She gets chocolate milk every morning with her breakfast.

Over Christmas break she has been staying up until 11pm.

skittlefart
by Taste the Rainbow on Dec. 31, 2012 at 6:13 PM

circing, co-sleeping, gave him baby food a week early, accidently scratched him with my fingernail when he was a week old while I was changing his diaper. 

100_3402_zpscc9632ae-1_zps98432025
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured