Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What makes you a "bad mom"? *Just wanted to add*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

None of us are perfect parents, we all do things that others look at as "bad" 

spanking, circumsising, co-sleeping, solids too early, not rear facing long enough, etc...

everyone on here should be able to atleast admit one thing they do that others look at as wrong, so their shouldnt be any "nothings"

Just for fun, you can go anon. 

I'll post mine after i get a few answers.

Remember, JUST FOR FUN. 

No bashing

I'm suprised this went as well as it did. I was honestly expecting fewer people to participate and when i saw how many, i was expecting drama.  

However, a few people did take it as i was calling them bad moms if they happened to spank, circumsize, etc...anything i gave as an example. 

That is NOT NOT NOT what i was getting at. TBH, i plan on getting any future sons circumsized, i co-sleep, my daughter had solids at 5 months, my 9 month old is forward facing. so i'm far from a perfect mom.

Theres only one reply on here that i think doesn't deserve to have kids, and it wasnt even one of the cafemom'ers, it was about someone they knew.

I'm sorry if anybody took offense at that. 

Okay one of my "confessions" was that i forward face my 9 month old, whos almost 10 months now! :)

Im not gonna be one of those who go into the whole "shes over the weight limit, the doctor told me i could, my kid hates riding rear facing etc"

yes i forward face her, have since she was 8 months. 

at first she wasn't over the weight limit to be forward facing, but i chose too. 

Its a pain the in ass to have to put her in rear facing especially when she stiffens out when i put her in their. I've bonked her head on the car multiple times trying to get her rear facing. 

Its convientant for me, i'm her mommy and it was my choice.

I've been pulled over before, actually on new years and the cop saw that she was forward facing and didn't say a word.

and the doctor did say it was fine, but she had already been FF before that.

i will forward face at 9 months again if i need too.

im not a bad mom for it.

i live in a small town, 3000 or less and we go a whole 2 blocks to the store and 2 blocks back.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2012 at 5:53 PM
Replies (41-50):
ANSLUASI
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 6:17 PM

OK. I will message you with them later this evening:)

Quoting Cbreland07:

I want some of those recipes!

Quoting ANSLUASI:

Any chance you can sneak her some in the form of muffins or "cupcakes?" If so, message me, I have some great recipes that taste like cake but are really loaded with healthy stuff and not high in added sugar.

Quoting Anonymous:

The main meal without the side dishes DUH

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Quoting The_Doodle:

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Quoting The_Doodle:

My 2 year old hasn't eaten fruits or vegetables since she was about 11 months old other than a tiny bite in rare situations.

Why?

Because she won't. The only thing she will eat that is even close to it is those fruit puree pouches but even those are hit and miss.

Does she have a sensory disorder?

What does she eat?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Dec. 31, 2012 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Forward facing a 9 month old?  That doesn't just make a you a bad mom, that means you are breaking the law.

Quoting Anonymous:

K i'll list mine. I'm glad some  can atleast see it and have some fun.

My 9 month is forward facing, pit bulls sleep in the same room as my daughter, uhm...theres more. having a hard time thinking right now lol.

Megan11587
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 6:18 PM
2 moms liked this
My son is circ'd, I have a pitbull, I work full time, I formula freed, my house isn't spotless ever, I smoke, I could go on forever.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommyneedssleep
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 6:18 PM
I let my 7 year old snack all day long!!! And my 16 year old has a 2am curfew
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kmary
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 6:19 PM
3 moms liked this

Past a few weeks of age, I do not put my babies to sleep on their backs.  Didn't with the first 2 and won't again for the third coming in June.  I've done a LOT of reading on the subject, spoken with the pediatrician about it and have many reasons, but I'm pretty sure there are plenty of sanctimommies who think I'm totally insane for taking the "risk."

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Dec. 31, 2012 at 6:19 PM
5 moms liked this
I drink alcohol while my kids are home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Dec. 31, 2012 at 6:19 PM
6 moms liked this

I dropped my son off once at school when there was NO school.  Who ever heard of President's WEEK anyway???? 

Cbreland07
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 6:19 PM
Yay! I'm always excited to get healthy sweets recipes.. Thank you!

Quoting ANSLUASI:

OK. I will message you with them later this evening:)

Quoting Cbreland07:

I want some of those recipes!

Quoting ANSLUASI:

Any chance you can sneak her some in the form of muffins or "cupcakes?" If so, message me, I have some great recipes that taste like cake but are really loaded with healthy stuff and not high in added sugar.

Quoting Anonymous:

The main meal without the side dishes DUH

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Quoting The_Doodle:

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Quoting The_Doodle:

My 2 year old hasn't eaten fruits or vegetables since she was about 11 months old other than a tiny bite in rare situations.

Why?

Because she won't. The only thing she will eat that is even close to it is those fruit puree pouches but even those are hit and miss.

Does she have a sensory disorder?

What does she eat?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tiggerbabie177
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 6:19 PM
6 moms liked this

i am a SAHM and i do NOT clean my house every single day...

I do not do my laundry everyday...

I let my kids go outside to play without their shoes on...

When I read my books I ignore my kids and make their daddy take care of them...

I can keep going but i dont want to

Bubbie0809
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 6:20 PM
2 moms liked this

I send my kids to the sitter sometimes when I have the day off. I don't care about organic/all natural food -  they eat junk sometimes and McDonalds frequently. 

I could go on.... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)