Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What makes you a "bad mom"? *Just wanted to add*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

None of us are perfect parents, we all do things that others look at as "bad" 

spanking, circumsising, co-sleeping, solids too early, not rear facing long enough, etc...

everyone on here should be able to atleast admit one thing they do that others look at as wrong, so their shouldnt be any "nothings"

Just for fun, you can go anon. 

I'll post mine after i get a few answers.

Remember, JUST FOR FUN. 

No bashing

I'm suprised this went as well as it did. I was honestly expecting fewer people to participate and when i saw how many, i was expecting drama.  

However, a few people did take it as i was calling them bad moms if they happened to spank, circumsize, etc...anything i gave as an example. 

That is NOT NOT NOT what i was getting at. TBH, i plan on getting any future sons circumsized, i co-sleep, my daughter had solids at 5 months, my 9 month old is forward facing. so i'm far from a perfect mom.

Theres only one reply on here that i think doesn't deserve to have kids, and it wasnt even one of the cafemom'ers, it was about someone they knew.

I'm sorry if anybody took offense at that. 

Okay one of my "confessions" was that i forward face my 9 month old, whos almost 10 months now! :)

Im not gonna be one of those who go into the whole "shes over the weight limit, the doctor told me i could, my kid hates riding rear facing etc"

yes i forward face her, have since she was 8 months. 

at first she wasn't over the weight limit to be forward facing, but i chose too. 

Its a pain the in ass to have to put her in rear facing especially when she stiffens out when i put her in their. I've bonked her head on the car multiple times trying to get her rear facing. 

Its convientant for me, i'm her mommy and it was my choice.

I've been pulled over before, actually on new years and the cop saw that she was forward facing and didn't say a word.

and the doctor did say it was fine, but she had already been FF before that.

i will forward face at 9 months again if i need too.

im not a bad mom for it.

i live in a small town, 3000 or less and we go a whole 2 blocks to the store and 2 blocks back.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2012 at 5:53 PM
Replies (761-770):
Kage336
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I smoke. I went from a pack a day to one or two cigarettes a day, and am weaning myself. I will be smoke free in about a week, I'm thinking.

I smoke weed occasionally when DD goes to bed.

I am strict about DD having healthy food, yet I eat crap.

I had a hell of a time breastfeeding, so I only nursed DD for a few weeks. I'd like to try again with our next baby.

I rarely wash DD's socks. She doesn't walk yet so they don't get dirty, and I don't feel like battling the washer/dryer sock eating monster.

I have tattoos, piercings, and unnaturally red hair. I do not feel my appearance effects my ability to parent and find the occasional dirty looks I get in public to be very amusing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
red.intuition
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:23 AM
Yes, so 'perfect' in fact that you had to make your post anon. You are not perfect, no one is. We ALL have tiny little flaws that we could improve on. Anyone who says different is a lier, get off your high horse there miss pretty princess.... Get a grip, life isn't perfect it was never intended to live that way

Quoting Anonymous:

I am perfect for my family, thanks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:26 AM
I post anon all the time, dear. It's not my fault a lot of you feel bad about yourself.

Quoting red.intuition:

Yes, so 'perfect' in fact that you had to make your post anon. You are not perfect, no one is. We ALL have tiny little flaws that we could improve on. Anyone who says different is a lier, get off your high horse there miss pretty princess.... Get a grip, life isn't perfect it was never intended to live that way

Quoting Anonymous:

I am perfect for my family, thanks.

superwoman8977
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:32 AM

I am a diva mom and wife and i am the boss of my kids, my kids know what a belt is and know what it is like to be spanked, I dont coddle my kids and I dont revolve around my life around them.  I am a Christian woman who has a relationship with Jesus Christ and I dont talk about it.  I work outside the home and run my home and also work for my husbands side business and I think SAHM's are lazy and there is nothing worse than breastfeeding in public (ewww) and being a SAHM  and struggling to make ends meet by hubby having to work 2 jobs to support their family.  I have always worked and even with cancer, chemo and all that I worked.  I only took 2 weeks off for maternity leave because I was going to become stir crazy being home and yes my kids are in day care when they arent in school and yes by Sunday night my kids are driving me crazy..call me a bad mom I dont care..Its my life and I love it!  Oh and I have not scared and dont care what others think of me so I dont have to post anonymous. 

damiensmom2011
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:38 PM

We always have the tv on disney. he loves those shows. DS is very self sufficient so he entertains himself and I sit and read. SO is into magic the gathering so he looks at cards. If DS needs anything at all we get it for him. We do still play with him, but its very rare that he wants us to.

I give him more juice than milk and water.

I give him puffcorn for breakfast because he hates cereal.

xxshelbyxxx
by Scarlet begonias on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:29 AM
Because pot doesn't damage kids bodies brains and health in every way imaginable! I smoke cigs but I've never once smoked in front of my son. Ask a damn doctor If you don't believe me. Smoking around your kid means it IS 100% going in his lungs! You think no smoke travels to the backseat? You're wrong! Drive around in a car that's never been smoked in for a week or so then get back in your car an see if you don't notice the difference. And those pot smoking moms don't drive around with their kids in the smokin doobs

Quoting Anonymous:

Um... where in my post did I say I "blow smoke in his face"? I don't, the back window is rolled up and I hang it out the car, he doesn't breathe in any smoke. it's very rare that I do this anyway, and my kid is very healthy thank you very much lol. Funny how you choose mine to respond to over the mom's who say they smoke pot daily and shit like that lol

Quoting xxshelbyxxx:

Um actually you ARE a bad mom and your kids probably not that healthy. That's stupid as hell. You can't wait til you get out of the car!?!

I have a 16 month old and have never smoked around him an it is NOT hard to NOT blow smoke in my kids face. That's my one pet peeve.

Quoting Anonymous:

I smoke when I'm in the car with ds (occasionally and only if we're on long trips) but always have the window open and hold it out the window if I do. I've been divorced a year and introduced ds to my new bf after we'd only been dating a week (ds is 3). I let him eat too many sweets. He drinks a lot of chocolate milk. I let the TV babysit way too often. He's not fully potty trained yet but we're actively working on it. I could go on, but I won't lol. He's a happy healthy 3 yo.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 209 on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:57 PM

I smoke pot, but don't drink

I vaccinated before the autism study was debunked

my boys are mutilated...I mean circumcised. lol  I don't see what the debate is about.  I assist with circumcisions and the doctor I work with is great about numbing them first, so its not a painful experience for the LO's.

Honestly we see a lot of boys with UTI's and infections, and they are almost always uncircumcised.

Jenna44420
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:08 PM

I breastfeed after one years old and I co-sleep.

aikimomof3
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:14 PM

I spank as a form of discipline

All my kids were forward facing at 1 year

I formula fed my twins

I sometimes use the TV as a babysitter so I can get stuff done around the house

I don't think that everything my kids do is "cute"

I don't scrapbook

I throw away stuff my kids bring home from school except for big projects

My kids had "allergy" foods before 1 year (peanut butter, eggs, etc.)

zomgkerrie
by Geek Goddess on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:15 PM

I rarely take my boys out of the house. My son is Autistic and I have Fibromyalgia and I'm just too damn exhausted and he gets overwhelmed.

We are vegans. This is something that a lot of people look down upon-they think I am not feeding my sons what they need.

I chose to vaccinate and my son has Autism. That is the first thing people ask me and it is beyond upsetting. Like I did this to him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)