Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you remember life before Children?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Do you miss it?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:18 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:35 PM

I feel the same way. What prompted this was me standing there washing dishes and thinking "crap, I don't remember life before my kids" 

Quoting Anonymous:

There was life before my children? 

Rileyscute
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Not really..and no

I have been a mom for more than half my life now..I definitely don't want to be 19 ever again

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:34 AM
bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:38 AM
1 mom liked this
I miss the freedom of spontaneity. I reminisce about my times out with my friends....my first apartment....traveling all over the place, BUT my life would have less meaning without my kids. So, while I miss parts of my past, the most important parts of my life are now and in my future. I'm snuggling with my baby girl right now and I wouldn't have it any other way.
TigressLily
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:38 AM

Yes and no. I wouldn't trade my life now for my life before, but I miss my family. I moved about 8 hours away from my hometown to be with my husband. Haven't had the means to go visit just yet. But february or may I get to go back for a couple weeks!!!! I can't wait!! =D

ruhappytoseeme
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:16 AM

yes and once all the kids became teens all at the same time I couldnt wait to get to empty nest syndrom LMAO  now im pretty much in that stage, oldest is still at home but he is 20 so he doesnt need watching or a baby sitter.... cried when the kids started moving out even tho I swore it was what I needed after 4 teens and all their friends always being at the house, but then one day its quiete and I found out I really did miss them ;)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:28 AM

I miss sleep. :) 

Bertha21
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:29 AM
Yes! I was just 18, then bam! A human growing inside me, it was not planned.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:30 AM
Sleep I remember sleep that was about 7 years ago
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:32 AM
Don't really remember it! But from what I do remember I don't think I could live it again and make it out alive!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)