Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Breastfeeding advice please

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:06 PM
  • 7 Replies

My daughter is pregnant with her 3rd child and has had trouble in the past with the other children breastfeeding well.  She really wants to breast feed for a while and she has only used Medela products.  Is this the best one?

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:08 PM

It's generally considered the best. But the best is always going to be putting baby to breast and forgoing the pump unless absolutely necessary.

Do you know what her exact issues were with the past baby's?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:08 PM

You really don't need any "products" to breasfeed. That's the beauty of it !  If she runs into difficulties or is even anticipating them, then find a good lactation consultant and go from there...

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:08 PM

I was told tommee tippee was the best when I started researching a few weeks ago.

UgtaBkdnMe
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:09 PM

What products? All you need is boobs :)

DuchessScrat
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:10 PM

I'm on number three and I consider Medela the best.  The only other one I've tried is Ameda though.

SRUsarahSC

if you mean as a pump, they are great quality pump.  If she wants to succeed she will do better to exclusively nurse only for the first four to six weeks, no bottles...she can pump out extra for store but no using that for the baby.

Even then, a pump is not as a good as a baby. She will want to nurse as often as possible when around the baby.  I struggled to maintain a supply after a surgery and going back to work....ended up taking a nursing drug to help keep a supply. I made it 11 months when  I decided to stop offering and see what happened...DD never went for it again so apparently she was ready.  

Tell her any BF is better than not even trying and not to beat herself up if she can't EBF....I did and it was not worth the stress I put myself through.  Do the best YOU can and be proud!  Best of luck to her!

MumsTheWord571
This. And pick her up a copy of "So That's What they're For" by Janet Tomaro. It's a funny, informative book.

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

It's generally considered the best. But the best is always going to be putting baby to breast and forgoing the pump unless absolutely necessary.

Do you know what her exact issues were with the past baby's?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)