Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is it possible to never go into labor? UPDATE! Again!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
With all 3 of my previous pregnancies I was induced. This time around I did a full 360. I am doing a home birth this time...no interventions whatsoever. I am very excited BUT I'm starting to worry. I'm worrying/wondering if my body is even capable of going into labor on it's own. I am 42 weeks tomorrow. No signs of labor at all. I haven't had a single contraction this entire pregnancy. I am getting very nervous.

So....is this possible? I do not have a doctor, just a midwife (who still seems hopeful). If I don't go into labor soon and needed an induction could I still go to the hospital and get one without ever seeing a doc? Are they gonna treat me different?

Ugh!

UPDATE: So I just finished having sex and when I stood up my water broke. It is nice and clear! Lol no contractions yet, but I'm sure they will follow soon! omg this is happening. I guess all I needed to do was post to cm! Lmao

Aahhh! Wish me luck!

Baby Elizabeth Liliana was born at 12:37 am weighing 8lb3oz 21in long. Labor was quick and easy. I honestly didn't feel a single contraction until around 7-8 cm. midwife says I was most likely having them before my water broke but I just didn't feel them.

Thank you everyone for the encouraging words!
Will try to post pics soon!
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:54 PM
Replies (21-30):
SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:04 PM

back in the day (early 1980s) when my mom had my brother, they didn't induce...she went 3.5 weeks over due.  She wound up needing a c-section, he was stuck in the birth canal (too big...although only 8 lbs...she's just small).  I would be concerned if I was that far over. Due dates aren't exact but still.

K_D88
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:04 PM
I would be scared out of my mind. Good luck mama.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:04 PM
Does the midwife work with any doctors?

Quoting Anonymous:

It's just crazy. Like my body doesn't work or something :-(

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes it possible, some need medical help

.shank.
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:05 PM
Huh?

Quoting bellaamore:

I went in days after my daughter was born and was treated fine.

Mostly people were in awe that i could do it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caito
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:05 PM

I was told my body didn't make enough oxytocin to begin labor on my own. Or whatever. Anyway, I was induced at 40w6d after absolutely no signs of labor whatsoever.

JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:05 PM

It shouldn't be much longer.  DD was finally born at 42 weeks 1 day.  The night I went into labor I went to bed convinced she was never going to be born and strangely ok with that fact for once.  She was born the next day lol.

MotherOF5Cuties
by Abby on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:05 PM
With my first 3 pregnancies i was induced and my last 2 it came natural. Depends on your body i guess. GL
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BeAmour
by Tonya on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:06 PM
get a pedicure and have lots of sex. It worked for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wodntulk2kno1
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:07 PM
Wait!!! Your 42 weeks tomorrow? Yeah you need some type of intervention. They need to induce you like now. After 42 weeks is not good for the baby. Go to the hospital and have that new year baby now!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bellaamore
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Quoting .shank.:

Huh?

Quoting bellaamore:

I went in days after my daughter was born and was treated fine.

Mostly people were in awe that i could do it.

Did you read her last question? Thats my answer. They dont treat you differently, but very few see real 100% natural births and are in awe of it... Thats all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN