Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is it possible to never go into labor? UPDATE! Again!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
With all 3 of my previous pregnancies I was induced. This time around I did a full 360. I am doing a home birth this time...no interventions whatsoever. I am very excited BUT I'm starting to worry. I'm worrying/wondering if my body is even capable of going into labor on it's own. I am 42 weeks tomorrow. No signs of labor at all. I haven't had a single contraction this entire pregnancy. I am getting very nervous.

So....is this possible? I do not have a doctor, just a midwife (who still seems hopeful). If I don't go into labor soon and needed an induction could I still go to the hospital and get one without ever seeing a doc? Are they gonna treat me different?

Ugh!

UPDATE: So I just finished having sex and when I stood up my water broke. It is nice and clear! Lol no contractions yet, but I'm sure they will follow soon! omg this is happening. I guess all I needed to do was post to cm! Lmao

Aahhh! Wish me luck!

Baby Elizabeth Liliana was born at 12:37 am weighing 8lb3oz 21in long. Labor was quick and easy. I honestly didn't feel a single contraction until around 7-8 cm. midwife says I was most likely having them before my water broke but I just didn't feel them.

Thank you everyone for the encouraging words!
Will try to post pics soon!
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:54 PM
Replies (211-214):
CuriousArentYa
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Congratulations!

ajnmadismommy
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Congrats on your healthy baby girl!

slransde
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Wait....there are 7 days in a week?

Not everything goes in week increments. At some point they do count the days vs weeks.

At 42 Weeks and beyond means 42 Weeks and 1 day.

Quoting Anonymous:

You do realize you are 42wks pregnant for 7days so she still had a window before a midwife would have to send her anywhere
Quoting slransde:

At 42 or past they are supposed to send to a hospital. At least where I am... Like I said...most...not all

Quoting Anonymous:

Umm...yea they are. I am sure they were monitoring her and the baby.

Quoting slransde:

Most midwives aren't legally allowed to deliver at 42 Weeks..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Congrats on you new little one.  :D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN