Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is it possible to never go into labor? UPDATE! Again!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
With all 3 of my previous pregnancies I was induced. This time around I did a full 360. I am doing a home birth this time...no interventions whatsoever. I am very excited BUT I'm starting to worry. I'm worrying/wondering if my body is even capable of going into labor on it's own. I am 42 weeks tomorrow. No signs of labor at all. I haven't had a single contraction this entire pregnancy. I am getting very nervous.

So....is this possible? I do not have a doctor, just a midwife (who still seems hopeful). If I don't go into labor soon and needed an induction could I still go to the hospital and get one without ever seeing a doc? Are they gonna treat me different?

Ugh!

UPDATE: So I just finished having sex and when I stood up my water broke. It is nice and clear! Lol no contractions yet, but I'm sure they will follow soon! omg this is happening. I guess all I needed to do was post to cm! Lmao

Aahhh! Wish me luck!

Baby Elizabeth Liliana was born at 12:37 am weighing 8lb3oz 21in long. Labor was quick and easy. I honestly didn't feel a single contraction until around 7-8 cm. midwife says I was most likely having them before my water broke but I just didn't feel them.

Thank you everyone for the encouraging words!
Will try to post pics soon!
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:54 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:07 PM
Has your midwife gave you a sweep?? That might help.
Christey
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:08 PM

I never went into labour naturally for all 4 of my babies.  Also I had a miscarraige, the baby died at 6 weeks and it too 5 weeks before the miscaraige was complete.  I was 11 weeks and baby had died at 6 weeks.

My last DD was THREE weeks late and still had to be induced.

MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:09 PM
You mean a 180, not a 360. 360 would put you back where you started.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Josie_P
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:09 PM
I had a friend go to 43 weeks. Gave birth to a 10 pound baby. The baby was healthy but she says she will never go past 40 weeks again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:10 PM
2 moms liked this
It is actually after 43 weeks that it increases drastically. Not 42.

Quoting Anonymous:

THIS is why having a doctor, at least handy, is a good idea.

After 42 weeks the chances of fetal death increase dramatically.  Be smart, go find a fucking doctor.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:10 PM
Thanks. Helpful.

Quoting MichLW69:

You mean a 180, not a 360. 360 would put you back where you started.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:11 PM
She actually did 2 hours ago. So we will see.

Quoting Anonymous:

Has your midwife gave you a sweep?? That might help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:11 PM
This is where I don't understand. If you mention you want to be induced at 38 weeks people freak out on you saying you could have your dates messed up and your really 36 weeks and it could cause major problems to the baby. Now your 42 weeks and not one person has mentioned maybe you have your dates messed up and really your 40 weeks. I say hey let nature take its course. Let that baby come when its ready. Unless of course there is an emergency. Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this
42 isn't a big deal as long as baby is looking healthy. Your due date can be off by 2 weeks.

Your due date is just an estimated date not an expiration date.
CeeGee81
by CanadaGirl on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Yikes...you are walking around with a 2 week old baby in your belly.....you need to see a doctor!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)