Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it possible to never go into labor? UPDATE! Again!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
With all 3 of my previous pregnancies I was induced. This time around I did a full 360. I am doing a home birth this time...no interventions whatsoever. I am very excited BUT I'm starting to worry. I'm worrying/wondering if my body is even capable of going into labor on it's own. I am 42 weeks tomorrow. No signs of labor at all. I haven't had a single contraction this entire pregnancy. I am getting very nervous.

So....is this possible? I do not have a doctor, just a midwife (who still seems hopeful). If I don't go into labor soon and needed an induction could I still go to the hospital and get one without ever seeing a doc? Are they gonna treat me different?

Ugh!

UPDATE: So I just finished having sex and when I stood up my water broke. It is nice and clear! Lol no contractions yet, but I'm sure they will follow soon! omg this is happening. I guess all I needed to do was post to cm! Lmao

Aahhh! Wish me luck!

Baby Elizabeth Liliana was born at 12:37 am weighing 8lb3oz 21in long. Labor was quick and easy. I honestly didn't feel a single contraction until around 7-8 cm. midwife says I was most likely having them before my water broke but I just didn't feel them.

Thank you everyone for the encouraging words!
Will try to post pics soon!
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:54 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:13 PM
Love this answer!

Quoting Anonymous:

42 isn't a big deal as long as baby is looking healthy. Your due date can be off by 2 weeks.

Your due date is just an estimated date not an expiration date.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:14 PM

You're concerned with feeling awkward?  Omygod.  This has to be a troll post.  I can't imagine anyone putting *awkwardness* over the health and safety of their unborn baby.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well my midwife has a backup on call if we need one, of course. I know he will see me. But I just think it's gonna be awkward or something....idk.

Quoting Anonymous:

THIS is why having a doctor, at least handy, is a good idea.

After 42 weeks the chances of fetal death increase dramatically.  Be smart, go find a fucking doctor.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:15 PM
Hopefully it will work. I got my sweep done on a Friday and waters broke the next day. Good luck

Quoting Anonymous:

She actually did 2 hours ago. So we will see.

Quoting Anonymous:

Has your midwife gave you a sweep?? That might help.
MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:15 PM
I wasn't being mean or angry, nor was I helpful! Sorry.

I think it's probably possible not to go into labor naturally, so that's why they induce you after a certain amount of time. I think it can be detrimental to you and the baby.

I hope you have a good birthing experience this time! Do you know what you're having?

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks. Helpful.

Quoting MichLW69:

You mean a 180, not a 360. 360 would put you back where you started.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bennymommy3
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:15 PM

BUMP!

Perfect.Pixie
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:16 PM
I never went into labor naturally. My first one was 3+ Weeks late before I finally induced
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:16 PM
I'm not sure where you got that from. But ok. Just because I'm concerned about it being weird or about being treated differently doesn't mean I'm not going to do it if necessary. And certainly doesn't mean that is my MAIN concern. I am allowed to worry about such things.
Quoting Anonymous:

You're concerned with feeling awkward?  Omygod.  This has to be a troll post.  I can't imagine anyone putting *awkwardness* over the health and safety of their unborn baby.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well my midwife has a backup on call if we need one, of course. I know he will see me. But I just think it's gonna be awkward or something....idk.

Quoting Anonymous:

THIS is why having a doctor, at least handy, is a good idea.

After 42 weeks the chances of fetal death increase dramatically.  Be smart, go find a fucking doctor.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ms.Precious
by April Love on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:17 PM
The exact same thing happened to me it was my first baby I was 42 weeks with nothing strange happening to my body to indicate labor...I think me worrying is what cause me to stress out and finally at 43 weeks I delivered a 10lb 4oz 22inches long baby boy...I will never have any more kids...did I mention I had a natural birth
tifferie
by A$$tastic on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:18 PM
My husband was born two weeks late. Not a fun time and he got stuck.
proudmommy690
Moving...Hate moving! But can't wait to!!
Yesterday at 3:26 PM
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:19 PM
Do you still feel baby? I hope you give birth the way you want with no complications.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured