Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

if your dd has an AG doll with curly hair open!

so i got my dd caroline for christmas and her hair is so beautiful but gets messy very easy so i found a trick i saw a video of how they do their hair at AG without making it firzzy and how they do the curls.you take a clean new toothbrush and use that to smooth out the curls with a little water then you take the hair and twist it around the tail of a long comb and thats it! ill see if i can find the video and post it.but i tried it today on caroline and her hair looks great now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:38 PM
Replies (11-17):
larlar1000
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:14 AM

i am definitely glad to know about this trick: I personally have Rebecca that my MIL got me last Christmas. I am sharing my Samantha , Felicity and a Felicity my sisters friend abanonded at our house about 20 years ago with my 3 sd's. I have gotten them each one of the personalized dolls. I have the parts to my molly that for some insane reason i have not been able to send into the hospital. :-) i want Caroline as soon as i can afford it but i am having a baby in February so that wil be a bit. So if my math is right we have 7 AG dolls and i want to add. :-) I must purchase the doll comb. when i am home with the baby i will try to work on the hari. thanks.

TaralynnStewart
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Ahh you just reminded me to send my DDs itty baby to the hospital. The damn head won't stay on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmymunchkins3
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:20 AM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anyotherday
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:25 AM

I hate dolls with hair. DD got ponies with hair, I braided it all immediately. Cinderella's hair is too thick or I'd braid that too. I don't have time to do doll hair. Eff that. When she is older (shes not even 2) she can do all that herself 

(I even held a bit of contempt for my own dolls and barbies when I was small, doll hair sucks)

Livv066
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:21 AM
Thank you!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RyleesMommy2005
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:43 AM

We learned this at the American Girl salon and it works great!   We use it on my daughter's Kanani and Samantha dolls.

luvmymunchkins3
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:54 PM
i couldnt believe how well it worked plus i saved myself 7$ for the pick

Quoting RyleesMommy2005:

We learned this at the American Girl salon and it works great!   We use it on my daughter's Kanani and Samantha dolls.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)