Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many activities are your kids involved in?

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:15 AM
  • 33 Replies

We have never done a lot of sports, or other extracurricular activities, mainly bc of the cost, but also I don't like having to take my dd to some activity every night. I like having time to just hang out at home, as a family, or for her to just play and be a kid. She used to do dance, but I can't afford it right now, and she did Girl Scouts for a while, but she got tired of that. Now she goes to youth activities on Wed nights, and choir practice on Sun, and that's it. 

Next year when she gets in high school, she may get involved in some activities at the school. Sometimes I worry that she is missing out bc she didn't do more activities, but she seems fine with it for now.

So how many activities are your kids involved in? Do you like for your kids to have lots of organized activities or do you prefer to let them have more free time so they can just play with their friends and spend time with the family?

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pinkysmommy720
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:18 AM

My boys are in 7th and 8th grade and both played football this year. My daughter is in 4th and is in Gardening club and book club.

GagaNTattooS
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:19 AM
Football in the summer /fall
Basketball in the fall
Dance in the fall thru till end of summer.
Baseball in the spring/summer
Turtoring thru the school year.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:20 AM
My son just does martial arts. Its a time commitment. I feel that it is important to finish the things you start. If he really hated it I wouldn't make him do it but we push through a few days now and then where he doesn't want to go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vale131
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:21 AM
My 13 year old is in a sharp shooting class. He is getting kind of bored cause he will only ever shoot .22s. hHe wants to do Basketball next
KairisMama
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:22 AM

My 6 yo isn't interested in anything right now. That's cool with me. She goes to school all day, and hangs with her friend after school for an hour until I pick her up. She's plenty active during the day.

baby_girl8807
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:22 AM
Just 2. Ballet on Thursday and girl scouts every other Tuesday. She's 5 and in kindergarten.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Ds is on 2 basketball teams in the spring he will be in baseball again, and he does 4-H

Dd does baseball and 4-H
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:24 AM
my daughter..10..is in choir, advanced choir, band, soccer, acting class .and bowling. my 8yr old son...just bowling and hockey...
SweetPea2004
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:25 AM

Two gymnastics and Girl Scouts and it is just enough.

mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:26 AM
My son is in baseball fall and spring. Next fall though he wants to play football.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)