Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Was it harder to lose weight the 2nd time around? S/O kind of

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:53 AM
  • 14 Replies

Did you have more trouble losing weight after your second baby compared to your first baby? Or 3rd, 4th, or 5th for that matter.

I was 30 when I had my first daughter and I had no trouble slimming down after she was born. I was 35 when my 2nd daughter was born. She's 17 months now and I'm still not where I'd like to be weight wise. When DD1 was born I worked out maybe once a week if possible. Now I work out 3-4 times a week yet I'm still not losing the weight like I did back then. I'm not sure if it's my age or something to do with having a 2nd kid...lol I just know that I'm not a fan.

So what's it been like for you?

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nellyb118
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:55 AM
No, not at all. I was back to my pre-preg weight at my 6 week check up. The first time I gained above the recommended and struggled with the last 5-10 pounds.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
me-n-mygirls
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:58 AM
my 1st I was 20 and it took a while.
2nd similiar..
3rd I lost it fairly quickly. I was 28.
4th I was pretty much pre-baby at my check-up.
5th I am same size or smaller than pre-baby.....still havnt had 6 week check-up. I had baby #5 2 days before my 31st birthday. I got discharged on my birthday :)
each pregnancy I was smaller and each one I gained less than the one before.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:58 AM
Nope. It was easier with my second. And even easier with my third. The pregnancy weight just fell off...and then some.
supermomz25
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:08 AM

with my 1st I gained 25lbs then I lost all but 5lbs
with my 2nd I gained 22lbs then I lost all but 5lbs
with my 3rd I gained 30lbs then I lost all but 5lbs
so after 3 kids I have gained 15lbs

MAXnBRYCESMomma
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:10 AM

Losing the weight was MUCH easier after my second.

~Annie~

rmfanfgljf
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:13 AM
I actually needed to gain weight, I started off my first pregnancy at 115, after I had her at my 6 week check up I was at 125. After my second dd I was at 132, I didn't need to lose weight after her so I was working on timing. Now here it is 2.5 years after my ds and I am currently between 160-165, its a steady weight.....but this year I am determined to make some changes to be healthier. It doesn't matter how much I lose because I want to look and feel good about my body. But to answer your question it is harder for me to lose weight after my 3rd and last baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:14 AM

Nope, no trouble at all. Breast feeding made me drop every single pound, plus an additional fifteen pounds both times. 

However, after my first, I lost all that weight within five months. With my second, it took almost ten months. And now that it's all off, I have to do some serious toning. I have a slight pudge going on that wasn't there after my first. And my boobs sag more this time too!

eyeheartsin
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:16 AM
No trouble after 2nd, but I'm still struggling after my 4th
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
vboatner
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:16 AM

Yes. Only because I got hypothyroidism after DS 2. It took a while to figure out why I could not lose weight. Now that I have all of that taken care of though, it is coming off the same was it did after DS 1.

wodntulk2kno1
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:17 AM
My 4th seemed harder because I believe it was due to having my tubes tied. My belly seemed swollen because of it and I was not use to that. I also think too I was so active on the 4th one I expected more results in the end.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)