Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You know you're in the hood when...

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:22 AM
  • 16 Replies
2 moms liked this

You're watching the ball drop on TV half awake, then you hear about 6 gunshots. You jump to the floor to cover, then you remember, "Oh, yeah it's New Years!" lol I'm a dork. 

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3lilmonsters88
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:23 AM
Well that would be the country for me. We all shoot off shot guns at midnight on New Years around these parts :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyHarper
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:25 AM

I don't live in "the hood", I live in the sticks, tiny upstate ny farming town, and I would still drop if I heard gunshots outside my house. You don't have to live in the hood to not want to get shot. Luckily the jerks stopped firing them off a few years back when a stray bullet hit a kid playing with sparklers in his yard, luckily he lived, but the police said anyone else starts shooting off on new years and they will have them in lock up before they can blink. 

XoXo.Nikki.XoXo
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:25 AM
Lol I think that's everywhere. People do it in the hood and in the country. I live in the city and its common to hear that on nye. My friends parents live in the sticks and its tradition for them to shoot up in the air at midnight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angeleyes16
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:25 AM

Oh, lol. I am in a medium-sized city. Usually if I heard gunshots right out my window, then there would be trouble lol. I grew up on the good part of town, but never in the country. It must be nice though. 

Quoting 3lilmonsters88:

Well that would be the country for me. We all shoot off shot guns at midnight on New Years around these parts :)

Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:26 AM
1 mom liked this
You know you're in the hood when you're used to gunshots. You don't even flinch anymore. Yep
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jbirdsladie27
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:26 AM

Yea, I wouldn't be ducking for cover around here LOL

3lilmonsters88
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:27 AM
It is nice..its usually quiet but one night a year the rednecks come out to play lol. Most everyone around here shoots blanks off so there's no stray bullets flying around.

Quoting angeleyes16:

Oh, lol. I am in a medium-sized city. Usually if I heard gunshots right out my window, then there would be trouble lol. I grew up on the good part of town, but never in the country. It must be nice though. 

Quoting 3lilmonsters88:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angeleyes16
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:28 AM

I still finch lol. 

Quoting Pink.Sunshine:

You know you're in the hood when you're used to gunshots. You don't even flinch anymore. Yep

Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:28 AM
haha I don't

Quoting angeleyes16:

I still finch lol. 

Quoting Pink.Sunshine:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
waitin4u
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:28 AM

This happened to me last year it's nice to know I'm not alone, but I rolled out the bed and hit the floor ....lol happy new year.

Quoting angeleyes16:

You're watching the ball drop on TV half awake, then you hear about 6 gunshots. You jump to the floor to cover, then you remember, "Oh, yeah it's New Years!" lol I'm a dork. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)