Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

the last week has been hard

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

i'm fighting depression. was put on prozac early December.. adn for a while, i was on a pretty good routine; waking up early, going to bed on time, etc.

now- i'm just in this funk. i cant pull myself out of it. i sleep almost all day, i'm out of it at night. i dont DO anything during the time that i'm up.

today- i didnt even get OUT of bed until after 5pm, almost 6. i literally slept the day away. i feel like i'm falling back into that depression and idk what to do. my next therapy appt isnt until the 4th... but i feel like this cannot continue.

i havent made food/meals in a long time. ds has been munching on junk; chips, cereal, candy for who knows HOW long.

even knowing that i'm practically neglecting him isnt enough for that kick in the ass that i need.

i have a list of things to do, this list has been here for a few days now. part of my therapy is writing down at least 3 things to do and doing it... i've failed for so many days now. even simple shit like journaling... or making my bed.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ErikaRobin
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:26 AM

You need your dosage changed, hon.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:29 AM

thats what i was thinking too. i think its either 10 or 20 mg.... my appointment with the psychiatrist isnt until the 9th. should i just wait it out or make one when they open?

Quoting ErikaRobin:

ErikaRobin
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:30 AM

I'd make a sooner one and cancel the other.  If you're still feeling this crappy, it's not working right. 

Did you feel like a black cloud had been lifted after the first week or so on it?  That's where you ought to be again.

Quoting Anonymous:

thats what i was thinking too. i think its either 10 or 20 mg.... my appointment with the psychiatrist isnt until the 9th. should i just wait it out or make one when they open?

Quoting ErikaRobin:

Sometimes when I'm alone, I like to Google myself.

If you like my style, follow my blog.  I am Random Ninja - Writer of Wrongs.
Click it.  Share it.  (Tell 'em it's just a cold sore.)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:32 AM

when i first got on it, i was slowly getting myself out of that depression. it was a really bad one and i was still in the ending part; like sad, crying, etc- but hopeful.... after the first week (when i started the full dosage), i was back to feeling great.

now-- i just feel like complete shit. not really depressed just yet, but if something doesnt give soon, i'll end up right where i was before.

Quoting ErikaRobin:

I'd make a sooner one and cancel the other.  If you're still feeling this crappy, it's not working right. 

Did you feel like a black cloud had been lifted after the first week or so on it?  That's where you ought to be again.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ErikaRobin:

ErikaRobin
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:34 AM

I'm glad you're in tune with that feeling.  I'd say you should call and reschedule that appointment so you can get your dosage upped or changed sooner.  The sooner it happens, the sooner you'll feel like yourself again.

Quoting Anonymous:

when i first got on it, i was slowly getting myself out of that depression. it was a really bad one and i was still in the ending part; like sad, crying, etc- but hopeful.... after the first week (when i started the full dosage), i was back to feeling great.

now-- i just feel like complete shit. not really depressed just yet, but if something doesnt give soon, i'll end up right where i was before.

Quoting ErikaRobin:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ErikaRobin:

Sometimes when I'm alone, I like to Google myself.

If you like my style, follow my blog.  I am Random Ninja - Writer of Wrongs.
Click it.  Share it.  (Tell 'em it's just a cold sore.)

briansmommy2010
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:35 AM
Yeah it defknitely sounds like you need the dosage adjusted. It's trial and error when it comes to antidepressants. It can take a while to get the right combination and dosage of meds. I would try to get and earlier appointment if you can. Good luck mama.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ErikaRobin:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ErikaRobin:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)