Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does this make anyone else cringe?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have had one child already with a different man than the one I am with. He was just not into this whole pregnancy thing. He never wanted to know how I was feeling really or asked any questions. He did give me body rubs all the time though and that was awesome. Anyways I had our baby through C-section and he walked in during. I could not help but ask him what the procedure looked like and his exact reply was "It looks like they are gutting a whale." That just about killed me considering how I am that whale.

Well now I am actually in a GREAT relationship with the perfect man for me -well as close as I can find to perfect for me. And he is really into this whole pregnancy thing. He asks me questions and listens to me read the book and updates on my phone. He learned I am having a C-section though, and he is now going to have us watch a video on a C-section. Which means I get to see a baby being born though what is sure to look like mutilation. I am freaked out because open wounds and blood just are not my thing, I might have to close my eyes. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:44 AM
Replies (11-20):
travelbunny
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:03 AM

It might be a good idea to watch.  That way you are prepared for the second one.  But if it disturbs you then don't watch it.

mom2priceboys
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:06 AM

Nope, I;ve had 3 - but OK I do have 3 different scars - yet the second one was my easiest!!! My DIL had 2 at the same spot and she also said the second was easiest also. But no joke they hurt no matter what!!! Also, I would have loved to have watched my last one!!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

I heard once it was worse, like since they re-open the scar. IDK though lol

Quoting mom2priceboys:

this might be a good thing for you to watch so you can be more prepared also the second c-section is not as bad as the first!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:08 AM
I couldn't do it. The first time I remember fainting, my sister was talking about getting her blood drawn, I was like 8... I seen my mom die when I was 9 at the hospital. Only for a few seconds, but I conked out. After that, the next time, I was 10 and it was science... We were learning about the heart. The picture in the text was an actual heart. Out I went. I get faint anytime I need blood drawn, or even go to the doctors. GL momma
SadeAyosmom
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:13 AM

i watched a vag birth before i had my first dd. scared the fkn shit out of me.

close your eyes!

Schleetle
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:14 AM
It's really not too bad, but you don't have to watch a video if it makes you uncomfortable.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SadeAyosmom
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:15 AM

both times i was delivering when they offered the mirror i was all NOOOOO

haha i can feel it but if i see it ill faint

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:16 AM

Ugh I go onto babycenter.com and they sometimes just have a video playing of some chick giving birth. I looked at the exact moment they popped her water and I was not right for an hour or so. 

Quoting SadeAyosmom:

i watched a vag birth before i had my first dd. scared the fkn shit out of me.

close your eyes!

skymcr
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:30 AM
I've had two C sections. I tried to watch one on youtube, but I couldn't. You don't have to watch if you don't want to.
pampire
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:49 AM

If I were about to have one, I don't think I'd watch it.  I'm normally very control freaky and research stuff to the Nth degree.  Gory stuff is a weak spot for me, so I would prefer to play dumb.  I was labor coach to bff1 when my Godson was born.  She ended up having an emergency C-section and I was in the room.  It was all good, I sat up by her head and talked her thru stuff.  I took the first photos of him and willed him to fuckin' cry already. Then I saw the placenta. HOLY.SHIT. It was HUGE.  I knew it was big.  That's what I said when we watched the video in LaMaaz class. "Uhm, did anyone else notice how big the placenta was? WTF. I did NOT know it was that large." Yeah, the room got a little spinny and I had to sit down.

Level with your man.  It is great if he wants to watch it.  More power to him! You have to live eit, so you get a pass on the video.

Mrs_Nelson
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:08 AM

I had a C section with my 3rd and for me the worst part of the whole experience was the catheter, the IV and the epidural going in. lol IDK about anyone elses experiences but for me it kinda felt like they were undoing a zipper really, really slowly to get the baby out.  Even now (10 years later) I avoid any images of C sections like the plague and usually I am really into interested in cool stuff like that but the drugged and dazed delusion that I had about that zipper seem a lot nicer to me than the gory reality.  This is the OLNY instance where I really don't want to know what happened to my body, I am pretty interested in everything else happening and even like to watch the nurses do the stick for blood draws but I guess its really up to the individual.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)