Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my new years resolution....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies

sorry in advance for any mistakes, my space bar doesnt work well due to something being spilled on it.

my new years resolution is to be a better mother,

I have not been a good mother, i mean yes my son is always fed, healthy, and everything. he always has plenty of toys clothes ect, even when we have had to go without, he never has.

however in april things got very stressful, he regressed into autism, and it got so difficult, it was a horrible roller coaster and i guess i just wore out, i sought refuge in the internet, and just was always so frustrated with my precious little boy, i didnt sit down to play with him near as much as i shouldve because i would get so frustrated when i tried because i couldn't figure out how to play with him.

i have my own problems, but i shouldve been strong enough to fight them, and work around them, to give him the emotional needs he needed.

he went to spend a few days with my parents for the first time since march, and since i have had alot of time to think,

what i have realized, is i feel so empty without him here, i miss him so badly, i have had alot of time to think about my parenting.

i need to play with him more, and get frustrated less. I need to stop focusing on his autism, and his problems, and focus more on him in general. 

My parents do so well with him, and thats because they don't focus on his quirks, and regressions, 

i would always dwell on them, 5 regressions since april, just wore me out, and it became an obsession to find out what was going on, and restore him to the little boy i had before the autism.

so i guess this post is to say im done, im accepting whatever life throws now, and im not just gunna focus on the problem anymore.

I need to cherish every moment with my little man, wether it be bad or good. 

I need to work hard to push forward when he returns, wether he continues making progress or wether he regresses agian.

so thats my resolution, i need to be a better mom.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jbirdsladie27
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:52 AM

(((hugs)))

Just be the best you can be.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

(((hugs)))

Just be the best you can be.

thank you

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:58 AM

it does get a little easier we are going through the same thing with my youngest daughter and i have four kids so it doesnt make it any easier having to deal with whats wrong with her the doctors said developmenatl delays and autistic tendencies but they will have to look into it more deeply to figure out excatly whats wrong it has been a long road. just hold your head up i think you will continue to do a good job 

thetrollcat
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:59 AM

I plan to purr more

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:00 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

it does get a little easier we are going through the same thing with my youngest daughter and i have four kids so it doesnt make it any easier having to deal with whats wrong with her the doctors said developmenatl delays and autistic tendencies but they will have to look into it more deeply to figure out excatly whats wrong it has been a long road. just hold your head up i think you will continue to do a good job 

thankyou, i hope things turn out well withyou as well . 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:01 AM

Quoting thetrollcat:

I plan to purr more

i really do not understand you, dont get me wrong, at time i think you are funny as hell, and certain points i agree with u with, but in general i really do not understand you, but i think thats your game isn't it lol

thetrollcat
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:02 AM

jumps up onto table...

Stretches self out.

What would you like to understand and know meow?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting thetrollcat:

I plan to purr more

i really do not understand you, dont get me wrong, at time i think you are funny as hell, and certain points i agree with u with, but in general i really do not understand you, but i think thats your game isn't it lol

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:05 AM

haha ironically im watching futurama and as i clicked reply the professor turned into catman,

anyhow, why exactly are you a cat, i mean i know you cant actually think your a cat, you have several kids, one at least being a teen i do beleive. so is it just your online persona or what lol

Quoting thetrollcat:

jumps up onto table...

Stretches self out.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting thetrollcat:

I plan to purr more

thetrollcat
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:09 AM
1 mom liked this

If you must really know...

*True story*

As a child, as early as two maybe three I was told I would think I was a cat. I would eat cat food, I would crawl around meowing. But then again I would fantasize being a lot of things or people... Anyhow my cat act continued into adulthood, of course I dont crawl on all fours anymore, too painful on my poor knees.

When I started doing chats HERE in CM when chats first began... I found that my persona as a human being was a little off.... So, I would just meow ya know... awkward situations. Since then it just kina clicked ya know, felt right and all... to blame the damn cat for my awkward situations and haters that forever hate my lame sense of humor and off bold comments.

For years I blamed mr Sully (yes he really exist) and he does occassionally sit with me on CM as I reply... I look at him and thinking, what would MR SULLY say?

Sadly he has more haters than I do... I tend to be a little more sarcastic, he really is an asshole and thinks he is all that ya know, cats I tell ya...

Anyhow, so the tradition goes on, I am the ONLY CM cat, has always been the ONLY CM cat, and will likely ALWAYS BE CM only humon cat on CafeMom. Even the admins just go along with it meow.

Quoting Anonymous:

haha ironically im watching futurama and as i clicked reply the professor turned into catman,

anyhow, why exactly are you a cat, i mean i know you cant actually think your a cat, you have several kids, one at least being a teen i do beleive. so is it just your online persona or what lol

Quoting thetrollcat:

jumps up onto table...

Stretches self out.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting thetrollcat:

I plan to purr more

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:15 AM

thats actually very interesting, i can say i wish i had a seperate persona sometimes, i use to have several, alice, skie, spencer, ellie, but those were as a teen , and i outgrew them, however i am very akward, and tend to never say the right things, just always been weird and quirky, i often look at my animals (cat and a rat) and think it must be nice to not have to worry about things like us humans have to. oh and you'll get a kick out of this, my cat (sammykins) and my rat (neu) are best friends, i let my rat out every night and they play, and when we moved from ohio, they road in the pet taxi together and slept with neu on sammys back, it was so cute. 

Quoting thetrollcat:

If you must really know...

*True story*

As a child, as early as two maybe three I was told I would think I was a cat. I would eat cat food, I would crawl around meowing. But then again I would fantasize being a lot of things or people... Anyhow my cat act continued into adulthood, of course I dont crawl on all fours anymore, too painful on my poor knees.

When I started doing chats HERE in CM when chats first began... I found that my persona as a human being was a little off.... So, I would just meow ya know... awkward situations. Since then it just kina clicked ya know, felt right and all... to blame the damn cat for my awkward situations and haters that forever hate my lame sense of humor and off bold comments.

For years I blamed mr Sully (yes he really exist) and he does occassionally sit with me on CM as I reply... I look at him and thinking, what would MR SULLY say?

Sadly he has more haters than I do... I tend to be a little more sarcastic, he really is an asshole and thinks he is all that ya know, cats I tell ya...

Anyhow, so the tradition goes on, I am the ONLY CM cat, has always been the ONLY CM cat, and will likely ALWAYS BE CM only humon cat on CafeMom. Even the admins just go along with it meow.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting thetrollcat:

jumps up onto table...

Stretches self out.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting thetrollcat:

I plan to purr more

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)