Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

fluid in the ear?

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:32 AM
  • 6 Replies
I had posted about my son & his teething his molars. My mom was babysitting for me and so while we were out my mom said ds broke out in a fever. She said not to worry but that she was takimg him to the doctors they informed her he had fluid in his ear and that was why he was getting fevers, anyone know how to help relieve this? They just said to stop giving him tempera and to switch to advil (which i was always nervous to use). Anyway any other tips?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
BrittM1988
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:34 AM
1 mom liked this

fluid that doesn't drain from the ear typically requires tubes... My daughter has had two sets of them

ninjakids
by Christina on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:36 AM
I hope that doesnt happen :( i had tubes as a kid and hatedit

Quoting BrittM1988:

fluid that doesn't drain from the ear typically requires tubes... My daughter has had two sets of them

BrittM1988
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:39 AM

I don't know if my DD notices them, she is only 2... but she went from being unable to hear and having constant ear infections to being able to hear, finally talking, and no more ear infections, or fluid build up.. been a wonderful thing

Quoting ninjakids:

Quoting BrittM1988:

ninjakids
by Christina on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:44 AM
I was older (7?) i had problems because our house only had a shower in it no bath so id have alot of pain at night because water would get in :(

Quoting BrittM1988:

I don't know if my DD notices them, she is only 2... but she went from being unable to hear and having constant ear infections to being able to hear, finally talking, and no more ear infections, or fluid build up.. been a wonderful thing

Quoting ninjakids:

Quoting BrittM1988:

BrittM1988
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:45 AM

Yea, if the fluid doesn't drain on it's own, as it should within the next day or so... speak to your ped about tubes, and if they may be beneifical to your son :)

Quoting ninjakids:

I was older (7?) i had problems because our house only had a shower in it no bath so id have alot of pain at night because water would get in :(

Quoting BrittM1988:

Quoting ninjakids:

Quoting BrittM1988:

lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:50 AM
Our daughter has never had problems with her tubes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN