Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

potty

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:36 AM
  • 11 Replies
Have u trained ur kids 4 poty training?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
idle
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:37 AM
I've given poty training for my daughter wen she waz 5 months old
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:38 AM
no and she's three and just figuring out potty training. I waited til she was ready
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:41 AM
My son is 5 yrs old and going on 6 and refuses to poop in the potty. He will pee in the potty all day long however refuses to poop.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:51 AM

OMG mine too! He used to do it to it- at 3 plus years. It's a battle every day, and I am not winning. I have even taken him to see a developmental pediatrician about it, and he gives us suggestions, none of which work. I sit there on the floor while he sits on the potty, playing games, letting him watch cartoons on the  iPad- ANYTHING- and no such luck.

We promise rewards, we threaten to take things away- we won't give into a pull up and he will hold it in until he gets constipated. We don't know what to do. He's going to be 5.5 and NEVER does it in public, only at home and around us. He KNOWS it's wrong. Gah!

Quoting Anonymous:

My son is 5 yrs old and going on 6 and refuses to poop in the potty. He will pee in the potty all day long however refuses to poop.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:11 AM

I can understand your pain. We started seeing a counselor in regards to it and other matters we were having with him. We ended up finding out someone in the family was sexually abusing him. I think that we have used this excuse to long though and he knows what he is doing however he is sometimes to lazy to come in or to busy so it's just easier to use the pull-up or his underwear. He has even told  me that he was going to stop trying to use the potty if he did not get his way. We have tried every trick in the book though however since he started Kindergarten he has started doing it at school. We know he knows what he is doing however the counselor has told us not to do anything about it. Just change him and let him go about his way. Before we found out this though we were told boys were much harder to train though. So why does he come in to pee though and not poop. That is my question for him though.

BrittM1988
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:13 AM

I am waiting til she is ready, when I tried to push it, she reverted back, so I am just allowing her to do it at her own pace

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:14 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I can understand your pain. We started seeing a counselor in regards to it and other matters we were having with him. We ended up finding out someone in the family was sexually abusing him. I think that we have used this excuse to long though and he knows what he is doing however he is sometimes to lazy to come in or to busy so it's just easier to use the pull-up or his underwear. He has even told  me that he was going to stop trying to use the potty if he did not get his way. We have tried every trick in the book though however since he started Kindergarten he has started doing it at school. We know he knows what he is doing however the counselor has told us not to do anything about it. Just change him and let him go about his way. Before we found out this though we were told boys were much harder to train though. So why does he come in to pee though and not poop. That is my question for him though.

Never, ever use pull-ups. They're just a diaper and are convienent for the parents. The kids know they can pee/poop in them. If he has an accident, have him change himself and clean up. What about a video on potty training that shows how big kids use the potty?

rcmama10
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:29 AM
I'm having massive trouble with my almost three year old. The pull-ups are fitting her and i hate anything to do with bodily functions so this is really hard for me, she sometimes does one but still hasn't gone the second way.
idle
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:31 AM
There's no use of compelling d kids to be poty trained after 8 months...that s d stage wen they cum to know wat d world is..so itz our parents duty fr poty trainin frm five mnths..even I strugled a lot at first to sit in dcpoty..later I made her to sit everyday for five minutes once she wakeup n keep n telin her tat she shud poo only in poty n nw shez one yr old.til nw she won't poo without poty
thetrollcat
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:38 AM

I have never ever trained any child how to potty train. I tell them to go outside or just piss on the carpet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)