Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Family bed- this is getting ridiculous!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 127 Replies
We're co-sleepers. Get over it. Lol!
DS4 spends most nights in his own room, but knows he is ways welcome to "tiptoe in" to our room throughout the night. This is pretty rare, as he asked for his own big boy bed around 2.5, and likes his space
DS2 still co-sleeps and nurses regularly.

This was all well and good until we decided it was time to get rid of DH's old California king bed (that he has had since his teenage years) and upgrade to a nicer, but smaller queen.
All week my bed has been PACKED with three snoring boys and two cats who insist on sleeping under the covers, near SOMEONE'S midsection.

Seriously! This is outta control!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BrittM1988
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:41 AM
1 mom liked this

We co sleep with a dog who insists on sleeping near my face and a 1 year old who has to sleep as CLOSE to me as possible in a queen, oh a star fish of a husband.. we need a king! LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:45 AM
Ours was an old waterbed frame, but with a regular mattress. I hated it! That thing was a BEAST..... and I want it back! Lmao!

Quoting BrittM1988:

We co sleep with a dog who insists on sleeping near my face and a 1 year old who has to sleep as CLOSE to me as possible in a queen, oh a star fish of a husband.. we need a king! LOL

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RadnRem
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:46 AM
Ugh....nursing and co-sleeping...

Would be wonderful right now!! :)

But instead I'm at work...and I need to go pump, lol.

Downgrading to a smaller bed would be an adjustment though! Being outnumbered by boys is rough too, lol. I live with 5 of them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stacey541
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:48 AM

Oooh you are brave. We had a queen when we had our 1st....when we both still said no kids in bed, ever. Then we got pregnant with the 2nd, and realized we needed a bigger bed-King for us and it works out well! Room for DD4 and DS3 to sneak in during the wee hours of the morning and everyone still gets good sleep, along with 3 cats. Anyway you sell your new bed and upgrade to a bigger one? I would go insane with no sleep!

anonymous12308
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Right now im being pushed off our queen by our dog who is sprawled out at the end in the middle and df on his side with his butt pushing me
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:50 AM
Kudos to you! You working, BFing mama's really do amaze me! My closest friend worked full time and nurses twins, WITHOUT SUPPLEMENTING for almost a year! I dunno how you ladies do it!

I hear you on the boys.. DH has 6 brothers who all have sons... All of 'em!
Sigh. I'm going to have to adopt if I ever hope to get my little girl. Lol

Quoting RadnRem:

Ugh....nursing and co-sleeping...

Would be wonderful right now!! :)

But instead I'm at work...and I need to go pump, lol.

Downgrading to a smaller bed would be an adjustment though! Being outnumbered by boys is rough too, lol. I live with 5 of them!
stacey541
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:51 AM
1 mom liked this

A thought though....would your ds4 mind sleeping on the floor? Some nights when DD4 comes in to sleep I just can't handle it-I want to be spread out. So we make her a "pod" on the floor right next to my side with blankies and pillows-she loves it! DS3 will sometimes sleep this way in our room too. Only downside is remembering not to step on a kid when you get up in the morning.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:53 AM
1 mom liked this
How you ladies do it on a regular basis without a king I don't know. I doff my hat to you. We don't normally co-sleep, but my son ends up in bed with us on occasion. Which isn't too bad except then the darn Newfie thinks she needs to sleep with us too. So in one queen there is myself, my SO, my son and 130 lb dog. I want a king and this only happens a couple times a months.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:54 AM

If they are tiptoeing into your room throughout the night,1) how can you have sex and 2) doesn't their coming in ever wake you up and startle you?

LisaSmock
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:54 AM
I have a cal king my husband (large man) my 4yr old and Co sleep a lot He is in his own room right now
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)