Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3rd Date WITH the kids! EDIT ALREADY! smh

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
1 mom liked this
I'm op of FIRST DATE POST from a few days ago. Okay so sunday my son and I went to his house and watched football and movies. My son loves him ! This has never happened before its a little scary in many ways. So last nite he calls and invites us for new years eve. And with his kids I was so floored considering I thought we were taking things slow and tellin the kids we are just friends! WELL ..That's exactly how it went and it was a fun night! I'm a lil bummed that he is so respectful, I didn't get one stolen kiss or hug all night ! Oh and I slept in his bed, my son in guest room by me and he slept on the COUCH! First off for those that dot know we have been friends for over 20 years we dated in 8th grade! I did what felt right. There was no sex not even a kiss .
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:30 AM
Who the the other person? Im confused
Jers.
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:31 AM

Did you know this person before you started dating him or did you honestly bring your kid around a man you just met?

klespeedy0205
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:32 AM
I don't introduce my ds to men unless we are serious and have been dating a long time. It is a huge red flag if they insist on meeting him.

But its your kid so you can do that. Glad things went well for you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:29 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree with you but as far as the children know we are just friends . I've known him my whole life and I've been single for 8 years and I'm going to live my life now. As far as the kids go we were just hanging out for new years. The kids got along fantastic and even if we don't evolve into a relationship we will remain friends. He is a rare amazing guy and I'd be stupid at this point in my life to not give it a chance.

Quoting klespeedy0205:

I don't introduce my ds to men unless we are serious and have been dating a long time. It is a huge red flag if they insist on meeting him.

klespeedy0205
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:32 AM
The fact that you have known him is much better than if you all just met. I'm glad you had a good night, at least you know he isn't just after sex. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree with you but as far as the children know we are just friends . I've known him my whole life and I've been single for 8 years and I'm going to live my life now. As far as the kids go we were just hanging out for new years. The kids got along fantastic and even if we don't evolve into a relationship we will remain friends. He is a rare amazing guy and I'd be stupid at this point in my life to not give it a chance.

Quoting klespeedy0205:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:32 AM
What confusing you? I slept in his bed. He slept on the couch (my bf) , his sons have their own room 14 and 16 and my son is 12 and slept in the guest room across from me. I already stated all this. I was asleep before the guys. The kids stayed up until 330 playing xbox.
klespeedy0205
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:33 AM
And I have dated and dumped men that insisted they meet ds (he is 4). I have had men get mad that I wouldn't introduce them and this after a few dates. Men...smh...
cRystienah
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:34 AM

Aww well I'm glad it went well for all of you (:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I allow my kids around all of my friends both male and female.  Just because he has a penis doesn't mean the kids have to think of him as anymore than Mom's friend at this stage.

hudson.maggie
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:35 AM
2 moms liked this
That's awesome that he's being so respectful!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)