Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What a dick

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:11 AM
  • 3 Replies
My XH took our boys for over the holidays. They went to visit his family in RI(I live with them in IN). Our split has been pretty ugly. MOSTof his family hates me(because they only know what he's told them). However, my nephew and niece(nephew's wife) and I still talk all the time. We have a great relationship. They haven't seen the boys since Summer '11; and were all kinds of excited about getting to see them again. XH got there on the 21st. Just left today. They never once got to see them. They had plans to see them a couple different times, but XH would always cancel at the last minute.

My niece said it almost felt as though he was punishing them for still speaking to me. :-( Bt, now they are planning a trip out here this summer to see them, so it works out for me!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Aeonix
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Sounds like my ex. He does really dumb shit to hurt me or piss me off. And like you, his family has only heard his side of the story, though they know there was abuse, they just chose to ignore that part. I'm sorry he acted like an idiot, but at least now you get to see your niece and nephew too. Gotta keep finding the positives, and remember when your little guy is 18 you never have to speak to your ex again. I certainly won't talk to mine. 

muzzyh
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Wow. He sounds like a snotty little baby!
JenB1983
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:18 AM
It just sucks, because in the end, he's really hurting the boys. I have tried my hardest to keep open lines of communication with his family. I WANT our boys to have a relationship with them. But it seems as though everyone(except Jason and Des) have pretty much turned their backs on them.

Quoting Aeonix:

Sounds like my ex. He does really dumb shit to hurt me or piss me off. And like you, his family has only heard his side of the story, though they know there was abuse, they just chose to ignore that part. I'm sorry he acted like an idiot, but at least now you get to see your niece and nephew too. Gotta keep finding the positives, and remember when your little guy is 18 you never have to speak to your ex again. I certainly won't talk to mine. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)