Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My brother is an idiot! He thinks USA is the better country!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you think every country should be exactly like the USA in all of it's ways?

Options:

Yes! USA has it right

No! USA isn't perfect

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 353

View Results

I am having an argument with my brother over this. He thinks, because the USA is able to conquer other countries, that makes it the better country. He is a brainwashed little shyt by my Republican father. He has never left my parents house. He lives at home, in the south of the USA with my father, who also has never left the country. I told him I'd rather move to Japan or Singapore and get out of this horrible country for good! I don't want to be here anymore! I have been around the world. I have studied other countries and their government (for fun). If my kids' father would let me leave this country, I would go to Japan and be an English teacher like I have always dreamed of doing. I know I will be leaving when my kids become adults. I understand being prideful of your country, but there is a limit where it just becomes ignorance. I am sick of that ignorance being shoved in my face on a constant basis. The people at work roll their eyes and say that people from around the world should be thankful that "America is so generous" when they speak about the USA going into other countries and forcing their views on the population. Really? Does this not sound like the conquering that other countries in the past did? Does it not sound like when Germany, Italy, and Japan tried to take over the world in WWII? Sure, the USA is doing it differently, but I am sick of the attitude! The USA isn't generous! It isn't going into these countries out of the goodness in their hearts! Really, do you think the USA is BETTER than every country on this planet? That the USA should be a central power to all of the other countries?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Replies (311-318):
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:07 AM

I would like to move. I don't think it's a horrible place to live, but it's also not one of the best. We can't get our financial problems straight, people are graduating college with thousands of dollars in debt with no jobs available. There are way too many self absorbed people, just take this site as an example of how seriously rude and uncaring many people in America are.

jen2150
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:38 AM

The USA is not perfect but it has the best government when followed by the country.  America is a great country because of the constitution.  We are having problems because politicians have stopped following the constitution.  Our founding fathers studied many governments and created a government that had all the best quaities.  It is the people that make America great.  It is a government that is led by the people when done correctly.

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

baileymarie723
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:49 AM
We have our problems, but America is a GREAT country!!!!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 54 on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:36 PM
USA rocks. Why does everyone want to move here? If you don't like it here.... Leave
Mandallyn
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Well there's the possiblity of border jumping, but who wants to go to Mexico with all the drug war violence? Then there's Canada, but I expect they'll just ship your butt back.  Then there's South America, but again  they'll send you back, and depending on where you wind up you could be in worse circumstances.  Visas are ovbiously possible, but a pain in the ass as you must leave the country and return to renew.  If you want to go to a country that's actually prospering... well then you have to go overseas, and that's even more money on top of what you would need to file for immigration.  Thousands depending on family size.  Escaping the US for a lower middle-class family, unless you find a job overseas run by a US company, is extremely hard. 

We started looking into it, when I realized affording immigration would be far beyond our means I stopped looking.  Hopefully DH will find a way out with a job, otherwise I'll just deal with the 'sheeple' and pray my children are drowned in sensless nationlism.

Quoting scarletmeshell:

What is so hard about leaving?

I enjoy seeing so many people saying the OP should leave.  It's honestly not that easy to get out of this country and immigrate to another.  :oP  If these people had any brains they would realize that.

CrunchyBran
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd rather live in Europe. Norway or Germany
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rosaleeandtwo
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:13 AM

God no I dont think its the best, nor the worst.  Somewhere in the middle. And that could change (for better or worse) at any given moment.  The notion of one country being the "best" is somewhat odd to me.  Humans just have to compete over EVERYTHING dont we lol?

scarletmeshell
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Have you ever been out of this country?

Quoting Mandallyn:

Well there's the possiblity of border jumping, but who wants to go to Mexico with all the drug war violence? Then there's Canada, but I expect they'll just ship your butt back.  Then there's South America, but again  they'll send you back, and depending on where you wind up you could be in worse circumstances.  Visas are ovbiously possible, but a pain in the ass as you must leave the country and return to renew.  If you want to go to a country that's actually prospering... well then you have to go overseas, and that's even more money on top of what you would need to file for immigration.  Thousands depending on family size.  Escaping the US for a lower middle-class family, unless you find a job overseas run by a US company, is extremely hard. 

We started looking into it, when I realized affording immigration would be far beyond our means I stopped looking.  Hopefully DH will find a way out with a job, otherwise I'll just deal with the 'sheeple' and pray my children are drowned in sensless nationlism.

Quoting scarletmeshell:

What is so hard about leaving?

I enjoy seeing so many people saying the OP should leave.  It's honestly not that easy to get out of this country and immigrate to another.  :oP  If these people had any brains they would realize that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)