Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel like a horrible mom (long) ETA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1 Replies
My DD's dad is in and out of her life.... He'll come up maybe once every 3 months and spend a few hours with her buying her clothes and such. Then he'll disappear for another few months..... He lives about 4 hours away and came up to this area to party with his gf and friends for New Year's Eve. I could care less because dd and I were doing our own thing. When she was younger I didn't mind him being in and out her life because once he left she didn't remember him. She calls my dad daddy and he is her father figure. Now that she's 3 she remembers him and ask about him sometimes. He told her he was going to take her to the circus and never did. She comes me to and tells me, " daddy was going to take me to the circus, but he's not anymore." It broke my heart..... Today, since is raining we were going to bake cookies from scratch and go see RISE OF THE GUARDIANS. He text me saying can I meet him somewhere because he has somebody with him. I told him we have plans and if someplace is open other than the movie theatre let me know. He proceeds to tell me he's not coming to my area if he can't see her. I don't understand, my dd and I already have a great day planned and I don't need him ruining it. So I told him it was up to him if he wanted to come because we already have things planned. He doesn't text back (I guess he's mad). Am I horrible mom for not going out my way to make sure she she's him? Oh and when she was younger I used to take her to see him EVERY weekend. I finally stopped because he wasn't putting out any effort to come see her for himself. He doesn't support her in any kind of way and I don't get child support because I'm scared he'll get visitation and I don't trust that. He gets bored with her after a few hours and he'll leave..... If I'm not there and he leaves, he'll leave her with his family (who I don't trust AT ALL). :(

Edit:

He's not coming to see her
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:21 AM

No I dont think what ou are doing makes you a bad mom. He might just decide to change his mind about seeing her and her day would be ruined.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)