Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Post 911 GI Bill Deposit

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:48 AM
  • 13 Replies
I was just wondering if any veterans here that get the Post 911 GI bill got their housing allowance deposited today? I usually get it on the 1st, but it hasn't been deposited yet, so I thought maybe because it's a holiday, it won't be in till tomorrow. Just wanted to check with other vet moms.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ninjascreenname
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Hubby got his VA disability on Friday?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:49 AM

You should probably ask this in the military moms group : )

rockgal81
by Steph on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Hmmm...Usually, we get it the day before if it falls on a holiday. Hopefully, it's there but because my bank is closed it'll post tomorrow.
rockgal81
by Steph on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Oh ya...i forgot there was one! Lol Thanks!! :)

Quoting Anonymous:

You should probably ask this in the military moms group : )

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:51 AM

OP my husband got his a few days ago and it was cut short because of stupid obama. he has a new law even if ur a full time student. Im made they cut his money down evene though he goes to school sat and sun which is considered full time. his dumb law is if u have a gap in class (not his fault) he doesnt get paid. Which then his whole School is a lie because he is supposed to get $2175 a month but hes got the other day $500 and the time before that a $1000.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Yeah we got ours Wed i think. cant remember. All i know it wasnt yesterday or the day before.

rockgal81
by Steph on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Crap! This makes me nervous! I hate the new changes to it. It's caused a lot of problems for vets :( I'm sorry thats happened to you guys!

Quoting Anonymous:

OP my husband got his a few days ago and it was cut short because of stupid obama. he has a new law even if ur a full time student. Im made they cut his money down evene though he goes to school sat and sun which is considered full time. his dumb law is if u have a gap in class (not his fault) he doesnt get paid. Which then his whole School is a lie because he is supposed to get $2175 a month but hes got the other day $500 and the time before that a $1000.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:01 PM

The law was done last august. DH left army Nov 1 2011. And started classes on the 4th at wyotech long beach, ca (tech school) he is doing Mechainc for cars. Anyways. he was going Mon-Fri but the drive is 1 hour and 30 mins there and back not including traffic. so yes he was getting $2175 a month. then "they" fucked up by giving him more money and as usual with out telling us because there is no info on the direct deposit that says what its for. no letter no phone call until weeks later. He assumed it was Book money. Guess what? Now he owes $600. they take $60 something every Direct deposit. He changed his days to weekends as a fulle time student. Instead of going from 8-2pm he goes from 8-5pm

All of a sudden every month his BAH would get smaller and smaller. All because there is a Gap in his MOD. They call it MOD in Tech schools not semesters or anything. If he goes sat and his MOD ends on Sunday or some shit i cant remember then he doesnt get paid for that day. Because there was a whole week of a Gap. Even though yes hes not theire technically, he is supposed to be paid per the policy or whatever but since Obama says if ur a weekender and dont go on weekdays u wont get paid.

It still makes no sense! My husband didnt go to college or wanted to use his VA benefits for college so he would get short changed every fucking month. BAH for Los Angeles is $2175. A few days ago for LA BAH was $500. And he was not the only person. Everyone in his class that was a Veteran with a honorable discharge got $500 and before that it was only $1000. We have fucking bills to pay and food to buy. Hes almost done in Feb. As soon as that happens hes enrolling in Online courses so at least he gets paid around the clock. and he can have weekends off and still go to work mon-fri

Quoting rockgal81:

Crap! This makes me nervous! I hate the new changes to it. It's caused a lot of problems for vets :( I'm sorry thats happened to you guys!

Quoting Anonymous:

rockgal81
by Steph on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Wow! Thats ridiculous! Sometimes, I don't think they realize that we depend on this money for bills. It's a housing allowance for a reason. I'm so afraid that they didn't pay me this month and that I won't be able to pay rent. I go full time and my so is out of work so this is our only income for the moment and I'll be screwed if it doesn't come in tomorrow. So far, everyone on here that gets it said they've gotten it already. I'm starting to freak out now!

Quoting Anonymous:

The law was done last august. DH left army Nov 1 2011. And started classes on the 4th at wyotech long beach, ca (tech school) he is doing Mechainc for cars. Anyways. he was going Mon-Fri but the drive is 1 hour and 30 mins there and back not including traffic. so yes he was getting $2175 a month. then "they" fucked up by giving him more money and as usual with out telling us because there is no info on the direct deposit that says what its for. no letter no phone call until weeks later. He assumed it was Book money. Guess what? Now he owes $600. they take $60 something every Direct deposit. He changed his days to weekends as a fulle time student. Instead of going from 8-2pm he goes from 8-5pm

All of a sudden every month his BAH would get smaller and smaller. All because there is a Gap in his MOD. They call it MOD in Tech schools not semesters or anything. If he goes sat and his MOD ends on Sunday or some shit i cant remember then he doesnt get paid for that day. Because there was a whole week of a Gap. Even though yes hes not theire technically, he is supposed to be paid per the policy or whatever but since Obama says if ur a weekender and dont go on weekdays u wont get paid.

It still makes no sense! My husband didnt go to college or wanted to use his VA benefits for college so he would get short changed every fucking month. BAH for Los Angeles is $2175. A few days ago for LA BAH was $500. And he was not the only person. Everyone in his class that was a Veteran with a honorable discharge got $500 and before that it was only $1000. We have fucking bills to pay and food to buy. Hes almost done in Feb. As soon as that happens hes enrolling in Online courses so at least he gets paid around the clock. and he can have weekends off and still go to work mon-fri

Quoting rockgal81:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:11 PM

You really need to call the VA office do you have the number? 1888-422-4551 7am-7pm centran standard time mon-fri. You have to call tomorrow and yes your right. You are supposed to receive money before a holiday

Quoting rockgal81:

Wow! Thats ridiculous! Sometimes, I don't think they realize that we depend on this money for bills. It's a housing allowance for a reason. I'm so afraid that they didn't pay me this month and that I won't be able to pay rent. I go full time and my so is out of work so this is our only income for the moment and I'll be screwed if it doesn't come in tomorrow. So far, everyone on here that gets it said they've gotten it already. I'm starting to freak out now!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting rockgal81:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN