Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Be Honest! Why won't you watch our five year old?

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:59 AM
  • 236 Replies
1 mom liked this

Is it because he has food allergies and you are scared to feed him, even though I will bring all his food?

Is it because he has gastro issues and may have a bowel movement that you may have to help him clean up?

Is it because he is autistic and you don't want to take the time to get to know him and his special ways?

Is it because he has ADHD and sometimes needs to run around outside to get some of his energy out?

Is it because you just don't like me, and you don't want to see my marriage last?

These are some of the questions I want to ask both of our families.  We have not had a date since our youngest was about 8 months.  When we found out about his food allergies, they started making excuses.  Me and my husband don't go out, we don't celebrate our anniversary, our birthdays, New Year's, anything just us.  We had our oldest at 16, and never had a newlywed stage.  It hurts, and I UNDERSTAND the reasons WHY they won't watch him, but they make comments, like "You need a break, you could use a mommy make over, kids definitely can take a toll on you."  But anytime we ask them to watch our kids, they come up with the same excuses.  It just hurts.  I get jealous of seeing all these grandparents/aunts/uncles taking care of their nieces, nephews, grandkids for the parents.  

Just venting!  

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:59 AM
9 moms liked this
Maybe it's because it's not there job?
Jennyanne322
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this
What about a regular babysitter?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mazie0723
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:01 PM
My parents never watch my kids and they have no ailments.
Stephd710
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:02 PM
23 moms liked this
Hire a sitter that's not family. Ask around for someone who has experience with special needs kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skittlebeans88
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Sucks, maybe find a babysitter you can pay?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GatorLady0307
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:02 PM

I would really want a special needs babysitter, and they are all booked up where we live.  

mommytoeandb
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Hire a sitter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GatorLady0307
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:04 PM

I wish it was that easy, I have called the all but 10 special needs babysitters that are in our area, and they have all that they can have

1plustwinsmommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:04 PM
Have you sat down with them and spelled it all out? You do need a break. If they are making comments like that, call them on it.
myperfect4inok
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:04 PM
4 moms liked this
None of my children have special needs and the last time my husband and I have been on a date was over 4 year ago.
Make a date night after the kids are in.bed. that's what we do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN