Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It's Too Soon Into 2013 For This!!

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:12 PM
  • 26 Replies
1 mom liked this
I already got a c*nty text from my mom and it's only noon! The 'old' angry me would have sent back an equally obnoxious text, but the 'new', working on my anger me, is ignoring it and venting here instead.

I need to take yoga or learn deep breathing!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Master_Debater
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Just let it roll off your back. I know, easier said than done lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
weezer_cookie
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:15 PM
What did she say? Don't let her get to you!
MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this
That's what I'm doing. I need a Xanax drip!
TwinmomAlicia
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:17 PM
That sucks. My mom is awesome, I am very lucky. Good luck working on your anger. Remember people can only make you angry if you let them!
Grumpylilpixy
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:17 PM

LMAO! I am glad you are working on you. I made no resolutions for myself this year. Ok, maybe to put more effort in my marriage.

louzannalady
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Why don't you send here a calm, logical text setting boundaries and explaining with "I" statements how you feel and the consequences for whatever behavior. (I feel x, y or z when I get text messages that have swearing, name calling, accusations, etc. When I receive texts with these things in them, I will no longe respond until I get an apology for x, y, z behaviors. I love you, Mom and hope we can have a better year of communication!)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this
My sisters wanted to get POA because she doesn't take care of her health. They both called "not it!" even though I don't have a relationship with her, but I'm oldest, so I drew the short straw.

I talked to her primary care doctor, and explained how she is doctor shopping for Vicodin, Oxy and Xanax. He said he can't stop her Xanax cold turkey, but he'd wean her off. If she goes to him for pain meds, he will only prescribe non-narcotic meds.

So, the text today was: "Do not contact any oft doctors or me. If you do. I will call the police." (Her typos, not mine.) My sister must have told her what went on.

I'm so done! I said to my daughter, "Stick a fork in me, I'm done!" (She doesn't know what was behind it.) She said, "What kind of fork and won't that hurt?" (She's 9!)

Quoting weezer_cookie:

What did she say? Don't let her get to you!
xomrs.chase
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:25 PM
I'd remove myself from that situation. You're doing the right thing
MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:28 PM
I usually don't make resolutions, but I have a quick anger trigger, and I get that from her, and I don't want to be her!

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

LMAO! I am glad you are working on you. I made no resolutions for myself this year. Ok, maybe to put more effort in my marriage.

MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Aw! That's for that. I do have to remember to not give away my power to others.

Quoting TwinmomAlicia:

That sucks. My mom is awesome, I am very lucky. Good luck working on your anger. Remember people can only make you angry if you let them!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN