Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This seems to be all the rage in my neighborhood. They've had two now. I just don't get it. First I can't imagine going to a neighbors home to get a tattoo and second, don't people want to research their artist? I mean for me a tattoo would take hours between drawing it up and then the tattoo it self. It's one artist that comes and he does tattoos that take up to an hour, but IDK.

Would you do something like that? I could never.

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Replies (21-30):
XoXo.Nikki.XoXo
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:15 PM
I never got one done at a party, but I've been to a few artists, and my favorite piece was done by this young kid. Real humble and not all arrogant. He was way cheaper than the next artist ( the other artist couldn't even help me with the design inside the wings, but yet it's supposed to be a well known place with a well known reputable artist...) anywho. The kid that did mine did exactly to the T as I described it and took his time doing this really in depth tattoo for $80. The whole time he worked, we talked and he kept making sure my arms weren't falling asleep. I will definitely be going back to him for the next one. I think his humble attitude and just pure love of his work is what makes him so good.
We know an artist that is actually very good friends with SO and he did two tattoos for me. I like them, but I think he could have done a better job, and this guy is arrogant as hell. Like he is the best of the best... He isn't lol.

Quoting Lindsayhoy0612:

Someone in high school went to a party and it honestly looked like a stencil It was awful!! I have my tattoo guy.... There is 2 in town and one is the "popular gangsta" that everyone wants to be tattooed by... I got one from him an hated it!! He did an awful job so I had my guy. I go to the hippy who doesn't care about being famous or the money he does it because he loves tattooing.... My brother and bil have sleeves by him. Me and my husband go to him and both my sisters

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poshkat
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

I have been to a tattoo party and I got a tattoo that took 3 hours to do and it looks amazing

Me too. I got a tattoo on my foot. We knew the guy and he was very clean and it turned out beautiful
TSNDDY
by Emerald Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Yikes there is no way I would do something like that..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
indymom72
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:16 PM
2 moms liked this

I second the pic request....

Quoting XoXo.Nikki.XoXo:

Pics?

Quoting Anonymous:

I have been to a tattoo party and I got a tattoo that took 3 hours to do and it looks amazing

.thatsme.
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:17 PM
I know a lot of people that have had them but I've never went to any of them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chane_L
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this

omg!!!! the possibility of infection is crazy. Always go to a shop that has been inspected (many states demand that tattoo shops be health inspected) always make sure there is an autoclave machine (machine that basically makes the tools surgical sterile) always watch new needles be taken out of a new steri-package.  I love tattoos have a bunch of them , but you have to be safe about it. There is a possibility of blood born pathogens, or mrsa, or even hepatitis.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I just got a tattoo at my husbands best friends house 5 days ago. The artist owns a shop and did it way cheaper than he would charge at a shop. He did an amazing job and it was a great time. Im sorry but just because the artist is at a shop doesnt mean shit. There are plenty of bad shops out there. Just saying.
SAnders224
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:21 PM
I've gone to a couple and got tattoos at each of them, the tattoo artist are from actual tattoo parlors that are reputable. They use their sterile equipment too. I've even gone to one that was at a tattoo parlor. I chose not to get big detailed ones for the simple fact that its a party and lots of other people want one.
AdellesMom
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Botox party? Eww

Quoting Tatiana7:

Sounds like when rich women do Botox parties. Ew.
TattooedMomto4
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:25 PM

I feel the same way about them. I have a friend who has them every few months at her house. Her friend who does tattoos doesn't work anywhere, he does tattoo parties when he needs extra money. He does horrible work (I have seen her tattoos and I don't care for his work) and the people who go decide on a whim about what they want. Me, it takes a lot of though to come up with ideas and I talk to my artist about it, he draws it out and then he does the work. I do know that some of the tattooists at some of the shops do scheduled events but they set out a chunk of time for the parties (which are AT the shop, not in someones house) and they make appointments at the shop for any work that will take a long time or anything that requires more than 1 session. Those I would go to but for a random tattooist who doesn't have a portfolio and who only does tattoos when he needs money at a house, never.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN