Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Has anyone experienced minor nerve damage?

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:02 PM
  • 40 Replies
I stabbed my thumb while wrestling with scissors and a zip-tie the other day. I had it checked out and I did some minor nerve damage when the scissors punctured me. I've done some reading and I've read that it can take anywhere from a few hours, to a few weeks, to a few months, and in some cases, years, to heal. I did this on Saturday and its still completely numb across the pad of my thumb. Strangest sensation.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:03 PM

it also might never regain sensation, be prepared for that as well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:03 PM

I did. I stabbed myself in the hand while separating frozen hamburger patties. I ended up with stitches in teh center of my hand and in a small area there, it's still numb after 5 years.

mrssummerlin
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:06 PM
Yep, that's what I'm expecting for underneath my left eye.
I had to have surgery on it in Aug and when I touch the scar it feel so strange! It's like I can feel it but I can't. Even putting my makeup on feels awkward.

Quoting ff-princess:

epoh
by The Enzyme Helicase on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:07 PM
:/ the cut was about a half inch, but only went through the epidermis. I didnt need stitches fortunately.

Quoting Anonymous:

I did. I stabbed myself in the hand while separating frozen hamburger patties. I ended up with stitches in teh center of my hand and in a small area there, it's still numb after 5 years.

epoh
by The Enzyme Helicase on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:07 PM
I know. :(

Quoting ff-princess:

LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:08 PM
The bottom of my big right toe has been numb for years...it's still a weird feeling...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MammaPaparazza
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:08 PM
I have major /minor nerve damage allllllll over me body! Come, have a seat I will bore you with all the details ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
manicMOM_DLC
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:10 PM
I dmaged a nerve to my ring and pinky with a cut. Those fingers would numb when I moved my hand a. Certain way. Took a few months but I have no problems. Now my fingers be toes go numb randomly for no reason. I think there is actually something wrong.
epoh
by The Enzyme Helicase on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Tell me.

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

I have major /minor nerve damage allllllll over me body! Come, have a seat I will bore you with all the details ;)
MammaPaparazza
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Minor or major? I still have no feeling over most of my abd from where they cut me open to let me diareese and I have a lump on my neck (spine) where I've had a couple epidorals and facet nerve blocks and that numbness comes and goes usually when I move it a lot.
Then the nerve damage down both my legs that give me shocks or feelings that electricity is being shot through me. It feels a lot having an emg/ncs. Then I have smaller areas on my inner bicep areas where they put pic lines in me but those areas are all are always numb, as is the scar area on my breast bone where they put in my central line.
Then the diabetic radiculopathy that numbs toes and fingers. I feel tremors sometimes too .

Quoting epoh:

Tell me.

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)