Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dance Moms

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:24 PM
  • 90 Replies

Does anybody watch the show Dance Moms? My dd and I are watching a marathon of it on Lifetime today. She loves the show. I like watching the girls dance but I hate the way Abby yells at the kids, and the moms. She can be so mean. I don't see that a teacher needs to yell at kids like that, to get them to perform. Just wondering what others think of the show.

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2ltlmonkeyz
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:24 PM

I have seen it a few times . im going to watch and then respond to you

2ltlmonkeyz
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:32 PM

why is this one little girl favored ?

pce68
by Patti on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:33 PM

I don't know. She is a really good dancer, and has won a lot of awards, but the other girls could probably win too if given half a chance.

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

2ltlmonkeyz
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:34 PM

so do the moms like each other or no ?

Quoting pce68:

I don't know. She is a really good dancer, and has won a lot of awards, but the other girls could probably win too if given half a chance.

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

crescentstar2
by Anne on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Abby drives me nuts. I don't watch cause she's a crazy witch

pce68
by Patti on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Most of them get along, though they don't usually get along as well with Melissa(Maddi and Mackenzie's mom). I think they feel like Melissa is always trying to get on Abby's good side, and she seems a little two faced. She will talk about the other moms to Abby, but then complain about Abby to the other moms.

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

Quoting pce68:

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

2ltlmonkeyz
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:37 PM

oh i hate women like that.

Quoting pce68:

Most of them get along, though they don't usually get along as well with Melissa(Maddi and Mackenzie's mom). I think they feel like Melissa is always trying to get on Abby's good side, and she seems a little two faced. She will talk about the other moms to Abby, but then complain about Abby to the other moms.

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

Quoting pce68:

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

AJB163
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:37 PM
Oops, didn't know this was posted lol. I just found this show on lifetime and wanted to know if any of else here watches.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:38 PM
2 moms liked this

I do not like the show, because I think the moms are all dipshits. But, teachers will yell and berate in a group like that (competetive), because these kids are wanting to make a career of dance, and it prepares them for auditions in the real world.  Many good dancers end up washing out in the world of professional dance, because they can not handle the way they are treated.  There is no hand holding, no special treatment, and you are often told that you are looking a bit chubby.  

I imagine Abby thinks she is doing these girls a favor, you know?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:38 PM

just saw the promos

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)