Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

lol really it could happen???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
I have 2 kids. Me and DH are Spanish..
his skin is more on the white side and has brown eyes. Then theres me golden cinnamon color with dark brown eyes.. we just had our 3rd child and he has kinda light brown greenish eyes nothing like our 2 other kids.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:40 PM
So my question is can that really happen to people??? My 2 other kids have dark brown eyes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:44 PM
???
motherslove82
by Emerald Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Obviously it can happen, it did. Unless you cheated.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Yes. I know a couple who were both Spanish.& they had a child together. The baby came out with very fair skin, blond-ish hair, and blue eyes. Dad freaked out, they did a DNA test & the baby WAS his. Turns out her great grandmother had light skin, blond hair, and blue eyes. 

CuriousArentYa
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:49 PM

I had a friend in school, he parents were dark skinned, he was a little dark, but his brother was very light skinned, blonde haired with blue eyes. They had a dna test and he was theirs. 

As for the eyes, three out of four of my kids have brown eyes one had greyish blue eyes. 

toopicky429
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:51 PM
My husband, daughter, and I have brown eyes. My son has greenish hazel eyes. If someone is carrying the recessive gene for it then it is totally possible.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hailey51207
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:51 PM

It don't mean either one of you have cheated. It just means somewhere in your family his side and yours one your family members or ancestors had green eyes. Now couples who both have blue eyes will have a blue eyed child. I didn't know any of this until getting into college and learned the information. Because my mother, father, grandmother, pap, sister all have brown eyes. My brother and I and even my step brother have blue eyes. My daughter when she was born was basically tan lol thick coal black hair and blue eyes, my son was white and barely with little hair and red hair and blue eyes. Now obviously their hair color change as they get older because my daughters is brown like mine and sons is like strawberry blonde like his father's was (I say was because years ago it was now it's not lol) ...So anyways it all comes down to genes in both sides of your family.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Umm duh
TattooedMomto4
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Obviously, since it did.

Bianca008
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:52 PM

My  husband has brown eyes( kind of a rust color) , mine are blue and our kids have hazel and green eyes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)