Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Adderall = Super mom?

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:45 PM
  • 143 Replies
So have you guys heard about this drug yet? They call it legalized cocaine, it's an ADHD amphetamine drug. I'm assuming like Ritalin on steroids. It causes increased energy, elevated moods and weight loss! Sounds great right?

I had a mom friend who took this daily. Let me tell you, she was super mom if I ever saw one. I asked her once if she ever experienced a crash, she replied no because she takes it everyday and doesn't allow a crash to occur. I don't talk to her anymore because to me, this seems like drug addiction. I don't really think its worth it, having to depend on a pill everyday.

Would you take it, if it was prescribed to you?
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zomgkerrie
by Geek Goddess on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:49 PM
6 moms liked this

I suffer from Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue/Chronic Immune Fatigue Syndrome, and Chronic Migraines. The energy I have is very limited. If i knew that i would only need 1 a day and it would never escalate past that I would take it in a heartbeat. I would love to have more energy to give my family more of Me.

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:59 PM
4 moms liked this
No I wouldn't take it. Everyone I know who took it for ADD is really addicted to it. When I need to.get shit done I drink coffee like a normal person.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hayleysmom88
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Quoting zomgkerrie:

I suffer from Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue/Chronic Immune Fatigue Syndrome, and Chronic Migraines. The energy I have is very limited. If i knew that i would only need 1 a day and it would never escalate past that I would take it in a heartbeat. I would love to have more energy to give my family more of Me.

That's interesting. I wonder if someone like you would benefit from it. I know it is prescribed for a couple different reasons, not sure if chronic fatigue is one of them though.

Let me ask you this though. If you knew you had to take this pill everyday or else you would suffer a crash 10x worse than the fatigue you currently have, would you still think its worth taking for a chance to experience life without fatigue for a while?
Hayleysmom88
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:02 PM
Quoting quickbooksworm:

No I wouldn't take it. Everyone I know who took it for ADD is really addicted to it. When I need to.get shit done I drink coffee like a normal person.

Yes, I have heard similar stories. I've heard if it is stopped, even after just a few hours it will causes serious crash.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:03 PM

I take it because it is prescribed to me but I am not super mom lol I lost some weight in the beginning because its hard to eat while on it but now I can eat . I don't really have a huge increase in energy but I guess because I actually need the meds. I have had people break into my house and steal them (meth heads next door)  but I honestly don't see the hype. I only take them while I'm in school not everyday 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:03 PM

An adderall crash is the worst. Makes you want to sleep for a day. 

lovemysnugbugs
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:05 PM
My husband was very addicted to it. His crashes were terrible - he was a fucking monster. It took him several tries to finally quit - and even then he only did because he was having heart problems.
It's awful.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hayleysmom88
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:05 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

I take it because it is prescribed to me but I am not super mom lol I lost some weight in the beginning because its hard to eat while on it but now I can eat . I don't really have a huge increase in energy but I guess because I actually need the meds. I have had people break into my house and steal them (meth heads next door)  but I honestly don't see the hype. I only take them while I'm in school not everyday 

Wow people break into your house for them!? That's scary!
t1gger143
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:06 PM
My aunt used it once. Her dr gave it to her for weight loss. She is 400+. She felt like he didn't have any control. I need energy and focus so id probably try it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Master_Debater
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I would because I actually need it for focus as I truly have ADHD and used to be on it.

Now my mom would take ours and she was no supermom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)