Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you had to put your parent in a home yet ?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 143 Replies
or child?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
see_see
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:39 PM
3 moms liked this
I don't have to worry about that since my husband and I both have deceased parents. BUT if they were alive we would not put them in a home. That is such a sad aspect of our culture in this country, disposable parents. They raise you, feed you clothe you put up with the stress you gave them, and you don't even return the favor? Pathetic.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jbirdsladie27
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:40 PM
No
AleaKat
No not yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aleta775

No, and I think that would be a very hard choice to make. I have already had this discussion with my mom. She understands that I will probably house her in a nice home if I am unable to care for her. It is not that I wouldn't want to take care of her, but I simply don't trust myself to know what to do. I am not a nurse, and I simply don't feel comfortable with her life being in my hands. I would be freaking out over little things all the time, and I don't think that would be good for me or her. 

EAzizM
2 moms liked this
Nope and never will. I don't understand how someone can do that to people that took care of them half of their life. Sad.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this

You don't understand for you've never been faced with LITERALLY not being able to care for them due to a debilitating disease.

Quoting EAzizM:

Nope and never will. I don't understand how someone can do that to people that took care of them half of their life. Sad.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:42 PM

No, my mom is 45 and in better health than me lol. The state wanted us to put my brother (21) in a home because of his condition but that's just wrong because he has the mind capacity of a 21 yr old boy he doesn't belong in a home . 

ShanesMommy2012
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Nope. My mom is passed away & my dad is still young and healthy.
thetrollcat
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:42 PM

I agree, there are sometimes legal issues that intervene with elders staying home or medical issues they cannot be home anymore.

Quoting Anonymous:

You don't understand for you've never been faced with LITERALLY not being able to care for them due to a debilitating disease.

Quoting EAzizM:

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this

My father passed away and he did so at home with my mother and I taking care of him. My mother will stay with me. There is no way I would put her in a home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)