Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We got rid of our dog, and now I'm sad :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 48 Replies
We got a dog last year for our oldest dd. we got him from the animal shelter, and he was a handful from the start. He wasn't house broken, tore into trash and chewed up everything in sight.

Along comes our youngest dd. she has a lot of health issues, and all of my spare time is devoted to her and my oldest. My dh also deployed so it is just me caring for everyone. Neither of my children like him, and a month or so ago he snapped at the baby because she crawled past his food bowl.

Someone messaged me wondering where we got our dog, because they were looking for a playmate for their dog, and she thought mine was the cutest thing ever. So I thought on it for a while, and asked if she would be interested in rehoming him. She was, and they came to get him today. Now I'm sad :(
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:07 PM
Bump
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:08 PM

You obviously did not think that one through. Your husband is never home, your daughter has health issues, and you thought it was a good idea to get a dog?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this
We got the dog before my husband got orders to deploy, and my daughter wasnt born yet when we got him. But thanks.

Quoting flowerfunleah:

You obviously did not think that one through. Your husband is never home, your daughter has health issues, and you thought it was a good idea to get a dog?

CuriousArentYa
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Well, I am hoping that the dog is now in a better household who can handle how to deal with him.

priceless3238
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Why would you be sad? You didnt seem to be a great dog owner in the first place why not give him to a family that can handle it?

MommeeTo4
by &1more on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:12 PM
Sorry. But it will be less stressful for you now.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
weezer_cookie
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:12 PM
Well at least he went to a good home.
nathans_mom407
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:12 PM

I'm sorry you miss him.  I am sure your family and the dog are better off though at this point in your life.  I know it wasnt an easy decision to make.

LogansMommy0328
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Aw hugs mamma but it was better that way he doesn't sound like he likes babies very much
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucilleGray29
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:13 PM
2 moms liked this
Don't be sad :) You're not abandoning him.I assume you know her and he'll have a good home.You're doing what is best for your family and probably the dog.The kids probably scare him.We had a papillon we adopted and I had to give her to a friend who had no small children.Come to find out later she had been beat anytime she got near the previous owners 3 yo.So when my kids got near her she was afraid so she snapped.She is thriving now and I get pics and see her on fb all the time.I'm sure you are doing what is best!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)