Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ds's new favorite word is... sharting....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

DS, 5, was at his grandma's house where she was also watching my nephews who are 9 &11.  He had an unfortunate incident of farting and pooping at the same time.  The older boys cracked up yelling "Ew you sharted!"  Now DS thinks its hilarious, and brings up sharting at least twice a day sometimes to strangers.  IDK weather to laugh or cry.  I've explained to him that its inappropriate to say but like all 5 year old boys anything to do with poop or farts is the funniest thing in the world.  Advice?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:10 PM

you did the right thing its not cool id be embarassed

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:11 PM
My 3 year old says sharted all the time...I think it's hilarious!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:11 PM

I explain it until I'm blue in the face, but he cracks up when I use the word ("Sharting is not appropriate!") and when I don't use the word, ("Don't say THAT word!!!") he says, "What word, mom??  Sharting!!??  HAHHAHAHAHAHA"  

At a loss.

Quoting Anonymous:

you did the right thing its not cool id be embarassed

michiganmom5150
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:12 PM
My ds 4 said that the other day! No idea where he heard it or if he even knew what it meant! I told him we don't say that, and left it alone.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:12 PM

looks like he needs to learn respect

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Ignore it, if he says it just say we dont say that, its not nice and continue with the day. I would have laughed my ass off if a 5 year old said something like that.

elijahXmom
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Don't react
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LucyHarper
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:17 PM

I wouldn't allow that talk in my house, we don't allow cursing or bathroom talk and thats both put together. Don't laugh or give him positive attention, be serious and tell him thats a bad word and he is not to say it, if he continues, punish him, time outs, losing privaledges, etc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)