Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

has anyone ever dealt with fpies

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:19 PM
  • 11 Replies
My 4.5 month old was just diagnosed with food protein induced enterocolitis syndrome. He has always been sliw to gain weight and lost a lot of weight before he started to gain. I have completely cut all allergens out of my diet because he is ebf. Does anyone else have a child with this diagnosis? How did you introduce solids? Im terrified to start solids at 6 months for fear it will shock his system
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4kiddos2
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Yes my son has FPIES......He will be 4 in FEB....we have LOTS of drs and a LONG road ahead!!

MisfitInTN
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Has he outgrown any of the allergies? I am realky nervous to start solids

Quoting 4kiddos2:

Yes my son has FPIES......He will be 4 in FEB....we have LOTS of drs and a LONG road ahead!!

4kiddos2
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:48 AM

He has hardly outgrown anything....my son is still on medical formula and can tolerate a few baby foods at age 4.years.   I suggest having a GI DR...ALLERGIST...AND FEEDING TEAM.....my ill boy was a mess on solids so we used medical food for awhile called neonate nutra.......it is very scary being parents of a child with FPIES....idk if u have Facebook but an FPIES foundation was made....go to there page....it's helped give us support........my sons case is very severe......so I know some kids have a less severe case......I wld LOVE to talk and help you with your journey!!

GwenGray
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:53 AM

what causes this? Sorry I'm of no help.

crazymom21
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:05 AM
That seems so scary. I know nothing about it. Do you have to start him on solids or can you just stick to nursing as long as possible?
notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:07 AM

never heard of it.

MisfitInTN
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:48 AM
My ds is almost 6 months and we are not starting solids yet. We see a pediatric gi at the children's hospital. I have done complete elimination and he is still 100% breastfed and finally gaining weight and isnt screaming all day anymore. He still spits up a lot but he also has reflux. Neocate is way too expensive and the insurance wont cover it so I have to continue to nurse. I wouldnt switch anyways because he is doing so much better on my milk. It scares me to think about feedin g him solids

Quoting 4kiddos2:

He has hardly outgrown anything....my son is still on medical formula and can tolerate a few baby foods at age 4.years.   I suggest having a GI DR...ALLERGIST...AND FEEDING TEAM.....my ill boy was a mess on solids so we used medical food for awhile called neonate nutra.......it is very scary being parents of a child with FPIES....idk if u have Facebook but an FPIES foundation was made....go to there page....it's helped give us support........my sons case is very severe......so I know some kids have a less severe case......I wld LOVE to talk and help you with your journey!!

MisfitInTN
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:48 AM
We are nursing him still. We arent starting solids yet.

Quoting crazymom21:

That seems so scary. I know nothing about it. Do you have to start him on solids or can you just stick to nursing as long as possible?
MisfitInTN
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:49 AM
I hadnt either until he was diagnosed

Quoting notjstasocermom:

never heard of it.

crazymom21
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:10 AM
I know sorry if Iwasn't clear but my question was do you have to start solids at 6 months? Just curious if that is a must or not with fpies.

Quoting MisfitInTN:

We are nursing him still. We arent starting solids yet.

Quoting crazymom21:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)