Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Will my mortgage company report me 30 days late to the credit bureau if I make my payment today?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

Mortgage was due 12/01, I made a payment today.  The site says that since it's a holiday, the payment will not post till tomorrow!  Are they going to report me as 30 days late to the credit bureau?  I've never been late before.  Do they count it 30 days late as the last day of the month that it was do or the first day of the next month?  Posting any experiences that you have had with this will help.  My mortgage is with MetLife Home Loans.

THANKS!

Most importantly, has anyone made their payment just a few days after the 30 day late mark and had their bank not report it to the credit bureau?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Yes probably. You missed the 16 day grace period too. It won't really be that bad. I missed one payment (30 days late) in October of 2011, and never since. My credit is fine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:24 PM
Maybe. You can call them, and see if they did. If you've never been late before they might be willing to take it off your report.
1plustwinsmommy
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:25 PM
More than likely, yes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Since it's a month p/d I would say yes-esp if you didn't make the Jan 1st payment, too. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Bump.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Please tell me you did not forgo a mortgage payment to pay for Christmas.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:46 PM

No, I let my in-laws take care of Christmas.  We had a new baby and between the insurance deductable and my DH needing more time off work than expected due to my c-section, we were simply late, not trying to skip a payment.

Quoting Anonymous:

Please tell me you did not forgo a mortgage payment to pay for Christmas.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)