Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm going to let her go hungry

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:59 PM
  • 232 Replies
7 moms liked this
I decided that starting January 1st I wasn't going to make separate meals for my 3yr old for dinner. So my plan is that she's going to sit there no longer than 8:30 and if she doesn't eat she will go to bed hungry and earlier than usual ( her normal bedtime is 9). I'm done catering to my daughter in this area of our daily life. She will either eat or wait til breakfast the next day.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mariesmama
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:00 PM
1 mom liked this

shes 3 i need to go shopping so i fed my 3 yr old a sandwich and hubby gets leftovers

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:01 PM
I hear ya

There are times that my DS, seven, will declare he isnt hungry for dinner when I pick him up from school and he finds out what dinner is!
cnjsmith
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:01 PM
3 moms liked this
My kids eat what we eat or they don't eat... Ie always done this though, unless I know it's something they REALLY don't like
GhettoKoolAide
by Lighthouse Blues on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:01 PM
7 moms liked this
I don't agree. There are times where what's being cooked sounds unappealing and even though I cooked it I would still eat a sandwich. Why are you punishing her twice? Take away her food or make her go to bed early but not both. Seems extremely harsh, you allowed her to do this now she's being punished because you have decided you're done.
bellaamore
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:03 PM
3 moms liked this

My daughter isnt a meal eater. She is a snacker. She eats a few bites every so often all day. Three is a little young to go to bed hungry.

At that age, id offer a pbj at least

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I could never send my kid to bed hungry so I disagree, but its your life and child so do what you feel is best.
FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Good luck. My mom tried this on me at about the same age. I went without dinner for at least a month. Eventually, she caved. 

ETA: I misread, I was not about the same age. I was a good bit older. 

MyGirlsAbbyLiz
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:03 PM
We always have enough food

Quoting mariesmama:

shes 3 i need to go shopping so i fed my 3 yr old a sandwich and hubby gets leftovers

CeeGee81
by CanadaGirl on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:04 PM
6 moms liked this

It's always been a rule in our house...you eat what is made, or you don't eat.  I don't have picky eaters because of this :)

PartyOfCuatro
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:04 PM
2 moms liked this
If my kids don't like what I have fixed for lunch or dinner, they can make themselves a sandwich or have a bowl of cereal. My kids are 8 and 9, but at you can make the sandwich for her.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)