Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

? about stepdads

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
Ok, just trying to see if this is normal.
I've been with my df since I was 5 months pregnant. Df is really the only father my ds knows. Today df says that ds needed a bath, I told him to give him one. I was in the bathroom as well, not supervising but ds has the sniffles and hates for me to be out of his sight when he's feeling icky. So df was washing ds and doing a great job, ds wasn't really paying me attention so I tried to leave. Df ask where I was going. I said to finish what I was doing. Df asked well what about his butt and peepee? I said you wash them too. So df says no, you're the mom, you wash that.

We just moved in over the weekend so this was df first time giving ds a bath. He has two kids from his first marriage, so I know he knows how to give a bath.

Is this normal? Do stepparents not bathe stepkids?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
CeeGee81
by CanadaGirl on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:06 PM

I was never bathed by my stepfather but I bathe my stepson.  I don't know, guess he just doesn't feel comfortable with it.

MistyMoo
by Emerald Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:08 PM
My DF is like that too. He didn't wanna give DS a bath because it 'wasn't right' and didn't wanna help him potty train either, but I think he's basically over that now.. It's been like 3/4 years now..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:10 PM
I wouldn't bathe my step kids when they were younger. I wasn't comfortable with it at all.
tarakay0417
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:10 PM
Somr stepparents don't feel comfortable.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:14 PM
He probably doesn't feel comfortable with it. People can be crazy..you split up, accusations get made, its a sad world...

I bathe my SS when need be. But whatever.

My DH is the only father my son has ever known, he does everything I do as far as parenting and bathing goes. He also fully treats him as if its his own DNA - I swear sometimes he forgets its not hia biologically because he's always commenting how he has his eyes. (Which oddly enough, he reallllly does)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)