Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gah my 4 year old is pressing all my buttons tonight..

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:58 PM
  • 20 Replies

Well I had planned on taking a shower while DD2 took a nap, but DD1 decided she looked so cute laying on her pallet that she picked her up, woke her up and made her cry. Now I can't take a nice long hot shower like I had planned. On top of everything else she decided to move the puppies food and water bowl earlier and made a huge soggy mess all over the living room. I just need a break, I know its cause she's got all this excess energy from not having pre school today and not being allowed out due to rain. 

Can I cry with DD2 too?

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marinesweetie
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:07 PM
Ds has pushed my buttons like crazy today too!! Hes 3 1/2 and has been in a mood. He played in our backyard with the dogs for 3hrs. All they did was run circles. Idk how he has so much energy, he woke up at 8am!! And doesnt nap. So yes you can cry!! And can i cry too??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spunky946
by Emerald Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:08 PM
2 moms liked this

That's when I turn the tv on.

KanPsMommy
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:27 PM

She only naps on Wednesdays because they have TOT (pretty much PE) so she's extra tired after learning and all that structured exercise lol. She demolished her play room, painted with lotion on the playroom walls, and has pretty much tormented the puppy since 7:30 this morning and bed time isn't for another 2 hours unless she crashes out early.

Quoting marinesweetie:

Ds has pushed my buttons like crazy today too!! Hes 3 1/2 and has been in a mood. He played in our backyard with the dogs for 3hrs. All they did was run circles. Idk how he has so much energy, he woke up at 8am!! And doesnt nap.

spunky946
by Emerald Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Where the heck were you when she was doing all that? Maybe a little more supervision.

Quoting KanPsMommy:

She only naps on Wednesdays because they have TOT (pretty much PE) so she's extra tired after learning and all that structured exercise lol. She demolished her play room, painted with lotion on the playroom walls, and has pretty much tormented the puppy since 7:30 this morning and bed time isn't for another 2 hours unless she crashes out early.

Quoting marinesweetie:

Ds has pushed my buttons like crazy today too!! Hes 3 1/2 and has been in a mood. He played in our backyard with the dogs for 3hrs. All they did was run circles. Idk how he has so much energy, he woke up at 8am!! And doesnt nap.

KanPsMommy
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:32 PM

When she demolished the playroom, in her 6 month old sister's room trying to put her down for a nap. She threw one box of toys and I got up and put her in time out for it. As for painting the walls with the lotion, she got quite while I was feeding her sister, I asked what she was doing after a minute of no noise and she said nothing so I went to go look. I keep an ear out for her but I can NOT stand over her 24/7 while trying to tend to a very sick child who was just released from the hospital this past week and a new puppy.

Quoting spunky946:

Where the heck were you when she was doing all that? Maybe a little more supervision.

Quoting KanPsMommy:

Quoting marinesweetie:

kissesxoxo8882
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:32 PM

yes you can.

Are you able to take them to a play area to get rid of a bit of that energy

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Put the baby back to sleep and give the other child something to do...watch TV and tell you what the story was about, or let her color you a picture or two

marinesweetie
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Oh man!! Thats not cool that she painted with lotion. When we first moved into our house 6mo ago (had just bought the house), i had a case of the poos and i used ds's bathroom so i could hear him, well he managed to sneak orange soda into his room & spilled it every where. He got a spanking & time out. I have shampoo'ed his carpet 4 times since (one including the day it happened), and its still got a hint of orange... Talk about irritating!!!

Quoting KanPsMommy:

Quoting marinesweetie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spunky946
by Emerald Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Then childproof better if you know she is going to make a mess like that. The lotion was obviously where she could get it. If she is bothering the puppy, separate them.  

Quoting KanPsMommy:

When she demolished the playroom, in her 6 month old sister's room trying to put her down for a nap. She threw one box of toys and I got up and put her in time out for it. As for painting the walls with the lotion, she got quite while I was feeding her sister, I asked what she was doing after a minute of no noise and she said nothing so I went to go look. I keep an ear out for her but I can NOT stand over her 24/7 while trying to tend to a very sick child who was just released from the hospital this past week and a new puppy.

Quoting spunky946:

Quoting KanPsMommy:

Quoting marinesweetie:

KanPsMommy
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:35 PM

The only play area we have is across town and charges 10$ per person an hour to play there. Usually we go to McDonalds to let her play but her sister isn't well enough to be out in the germ infested play areas yet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)