Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate my friends kids...and his wife pisses me off too!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies

I have a friend that I adore so I try to put up with his wife and two kids.  He is a disabled war vet who seems to have drawn the short end of the stick so I try to help him out.  He can't work since returning from his tour because of becoming disabled.  The VA only pays so much so they are struggling.  His wife refuses to get off her lazy ass and get a job.  She sits at home all day and bosses him around.  And then complains to me on the phone and to others on facebook that they are broke and that she has to do everything because he is incompetant. 

They come to my house every weekend.  It was supposed to be just Sundays to watch football but for some reason they now come Friday or Saturday and stay through Sunday.  This past weekend they stay until today.  The entire time they were here all she did was boss him around.  She made him do everything while she did nothing.  She called him names and belittled him in front of all of our friends and family because she couldn't find her mascara.  He just takes it.  I had to walk away a few times because I wanted to deck her.  I don't know what he sees in her. I would never treat my husband like that.  He would walk out if I even tried!

Now to her kids.  I shouldn't say I hate them but I don't want them at my house.  They are disrespectful and whiney.  They jump on my furniture and run around my house and are just off the wall.  My kids even get sick of them.  And they don't listen to my house rules at all.  They eat and drink out of the kitchen and when I say something mom always speaks up and says "well I said they could" Um it's MY house!  

Ok thanks for the vent 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Wicked.Jester
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:07 PM
2 moms liked this

So......why do you let these people stay in your house?  You have control over your own house, tell them they cannot come over.

funmommy123
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Tell your friend that you can longer have them over all weekend. That sundays are okay for football, but that's aobut it. That you want time with jus your family too on the weekends. Now, about your friend being bossed around, he could 3leave here if he really wanted to. He is still holding on for whatever reason.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:15 PM

I just don't know how to word it without sounding like an ass.  This guy gave 8 years to our country and I would do anything to help him out.  

Quoting Wicked.Jester:

So......why do you let these people stay in your house?  You have control over your own house, tell them they cannot come over.

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:15 PM
2 moms liked this
Helping him out does not have to equal being a doormat though

Quoting Anonymous:

I just don't know how to word it without sounding like an ass.  This guy gave 8 years to our country and I would do anything to help him out.  

Quoting Wicked.Jester:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Your right. I need to tell them this.  I don't know why he stays.  She cheated on him while he was on her first tour and he still went back to her.  I have no idea.

Quoting funmommy123:

Tell your friend that you can longer have them over all weekend. That sundays are okay for football, but that's aobut it. That you want time with jus your family too on the weekends. Now, about your friend being bossed around, he could 3leave here if he really wanted to. He is still holding on for whatever reason.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:19 PM
3 moms liked this

Sounds like you are way too involved in his marriage. You are upset she cheated, That he went back to her, that she treats him like crap, and orders him around. Do you have a thing for this guy?

Wicked.Jester
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Ummm....helping him out is not having houseguests every weekend.  And if he won't do anything about his own situation, its not your job to do so.

You are sacrificing the happiness of your own family and children for this guy.  Get your priorities straight.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Wicked.Jester:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:20 PM

How do you not have things going on  that you can host a family every weekend??  Food shopping? Soccer game? Cleaning out the garage?

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:22 PM
4 moms liked this

When they come over next time, pull her to the side and tell her that she can talk to her DH in any way he allows her to in their home BUT NOT IN YOURS.

When their children start acting up, put them in TIME OUT...IF the mom and/or dad have any objections....tell them they are welcome to leave BUT while in your house their kids will follow your rules since it is obvious the kids have no rules in their house

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:22 PM

kick the bitch in her wanna be balls!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)