Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2nd wedding questions???

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:52 PM
  • 8 Replies
Ok, my soon to be sil has asked me to be matron of honor.

Do you still throw the bride to be a shower and bachelorette party if its her 2nd marriage? Bil's 1st, her 2nd

*eta I want them to be surprises so I'm not asking her lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Yes. Why wouldn't you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:54 PM

i would find out how she felt about it but if she is having a regular wedding again then i would give her the whole experience again.

xomrs.chase
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Idk. I've never been in a wedding party! Let alone the 2nd time around. I didn't know if there were expectations...? Differences?

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Yes. Why wouldn't you?

xomrs.chase
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:55 PM
She is. Bridal party, the dress- the whole thing

Quoting Anonymous:

i would find out how she felt about it but if she is having a regular wedding again then i would give her the whole experience again.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:55 PM
1 mom liked this

hmmm idk.  i dont think you would be obligated too, although it would be nice of you.  if i were in your shoes i would do it!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this
IMO, bachelorette yes, shower no. Shower is for first time brides moving out of their parents' home to a place of their own. They are "showered" in gifts to get their new place started. I don't think it's appropriate for a second marriage.
But bachelorette, yup! That's a fun night out with the girls!! :)
mom2priceboys
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:59 PM

I think I agree with this answer. Also kinda depends on how old they are - how many kids they have (together and seperate) and what the new in laws might like for their adult children.  

Quoting Anonymous:

IMO, bachelorette yes, shower no. Shower is for first time brides moving out of their parents' home to a place of their own. They are "showered" in gifts to get their new place started. I don't think it's appropriate for a second marriage.
But bachelorette, yup! That's a fun night out with the girls!! :)

muzzyh
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes! I hope I get a shower for my second wedding. Bachelorette, maybe find out what she wants? I know I want a really low key night out with just my closest friends - way more subdued than my first.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)