Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cleaning the whole house everyday??

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:56 PM
  • 22 Replies

I was reading a homekeeping/homeschooling blog and the writer said she cleaned the whole house everyday, only took a few hours. Now, I must ask, do other people really clean the WHOLE house everyday and how in the world do you find the time to do so?? 

I don't mean upkeep, like keeping counters clean, toys put away, I mean the normal weekly cleaning routine done everyday?? 

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:57 PM

I certainly don't.  My house is picked up every day, but deep cleaned weekly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:57 PM

I clean everyday but I wouldn't say I clean the WHOLE HOUSE everyday. Bump

Mami2oneboy
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:58 PM
No I clean every day but not that whole house everyday I would go crazy lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kid_Cat_Mom2005
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:58 PM
Uh no. I keep things picked up and deep clean when needed.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NoahandEliza
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Not me. I don't do things like vacuum bedrooms or bleach the bathroom everyday. It really doesn't need it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mamalusbear
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:59 PM

No way, it would be too much with kids and school.  I do the dishes every day, a few loads of laundry, and then I'll clean one room thoroughly every day.  Also pick up the clutter once a day....or several times a day since DS loves to throw everything.

alexsmomaubrys2

I don't. It really wouldn't take more than few hours to be honest but I really just don't have the time. Our house is small though.

harehelper

Wow, how on earth would you ever do anything else in your life but clean the house? How would you even take care of your kids for pity's sake?

mariesmama

no i make sure the dishes r done and house  vaccumed everday

audreesmama
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:00 PM

I do! I'm a SAHM right now so I play with DS and DD. DS is 4 months old and naps every couple of hours, and and DD is in school (G&T program) 3 hours a day. When she's gone and DS naps, I take time for myself, but I also go through the house and clean. We also set a timer every night and clean as a family for 15 minutes. No dessert until after the cleaning is done! 

I do other things, too, like goof off on here or World of Warcraft. Since I'm in a habit of cleaning daily it really doesn't take long. I have a 2200sq ft house, 4 bdrms, 3.5 baths and each room gets a walkthrough and vacuumed daily. I also follow Flylady so I clean my sink every single night without fail. 

I have a type-A personality. That's the short answer lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)