Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

:( going to apply for PA tomorrow.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
We are low income and have avoided getting on PA but we busted. We have $5 in our pocket and enough food to maybe make it to Friday when hubby gets paid again. Then we have gas, water, and hubby phone to pay which will not leave us with much to buy food if any. I feel defeated. However hopefully we don't need it long.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:10 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:17 PM
How long does it take?

Quoting SoKamele:

Don't forget to try your local food banks....you won't be get anything right away from PA...so ask about where you can get help immediately if you need it.

Good luck...........

armstrong7984
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:18 PM
I'm sorry :(
SoKamele
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:19 PM

I don't know. I'm not on PA.....I just know that you have to apply and get approved. I'm pretty sure they don't give you FS or assistance right away.

That is why you need to ask about any local organizations that can help right away.

Quoting Anonymous:

How long does it take?

Quoting SoKamele:

Don't forget to try your local food banks....you won't be get anything right away from PA...so ask about where you can get help immediately if you need it.

Good luck...........

GaleJ
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Please don't feel discouraged because you need some help right now, we all may, at one time or another, need such help. No one should have to struggle for food, shelter, medical care, education, or a dignified retirement without need. For right now just do the best you can to take care of your family, I am glad we all can help. Later when things are better for you you will contribute to the help that others will get when they need it and so will pay it forward. It's how it's supposed to work, we are one family, and we will move together toward a better future for all our children. Happy New Year, may you be blessed with enough in 2013 and may there be peace. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:22 PM
OK.I will be sure to ask.

Quoting SoKamele:

I don't know. I'm not on PA.....I just know that you have to apply and get approved. I'm pretty sure they don't give you FS or assistance right away.

That is why you need to ask about any local organizations that can help right away.

Quoting Anonymous:

How long does it take?

Quoting SoKamele:

Good luck...........

bugsmama149
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:22 PM

I had to apply for food stamps about 12 yrs ago when my hours at work were cut in half. I got approved for $400 a month and they put $280 on my card the very day I went in and got approved. I don't know if it varies from state to state. I'm in Illinois. Do not be afraid or ashamed to tell them the situation you guys are in right now. They should be able to activate your Link card the day you go in to apply. Good luck to you and your family.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:23 PM

I am in a similar situation. We have been going paycheck to paycheck with no extras and DH was laid off unexpectedly from December 17th til January 2nd. We are behind on everything right now, but we had to make sure the kids were fed. I swallowed my pride and applied for PA on the 22nd, but haven't gotten an answer yet. I'm just sick of me and my DH both working full time and DH working all the OT he can get and we are barely making it. SOmething has to give at some point though! I hope things get better for you!

LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Quoting Sassy762:

Do what you have to do to feed your family....that is what the program was created for anyway...GL

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
4g4b
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Depending on what state you live in u may be able to apply for emergency help i knw w ny u can usually get approved for emergency foodstamps in as fast as two days just make sure to bring all your paper work. Sorry u have to but things happen i know. Chin up momma u will fix it in time gl
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EmmaGlenn20
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Good luck! I'm glad it's there for people when they truly need it. I hope things start looking up for you, soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)