Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone see the breaking news on cnn? house probably will not pass the bill for the fiscal cliff

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
The house may amend it and send it back to the Senate but in doing so the Senate wont pass it because they have denied these amendments before.

As it stands many in the house do not approve of the bill that the Senate passed late last night.

So. Looks like its a no deal.

High ho high ho its over the cliff we go.....
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama_2_jasper
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't know what that means.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:25 PM
It means the bill the Senate approved late last night to keep America from going over the fiscal cliff didn't get passed by the house. We needed a bill voted by midnight last night. If they get one at least by the 3rd it would have been able to be retroactive to spare people from paying more taxes and other things.

The house was suppose to pass it but Eric Cantor didn't like it then his croonies followed his lead.

Quoting mama_2_jasper:

I don't know what that means.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:28 PM
This shit is driving me crazy. I do payroll. I'm supposed to do it and make the deposits tomorrow. They are fucking with my schedule!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Our country is run by a bunch of childish bafoons.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:31 PM
Sadly, the tax cuts have expired so payroll right now has to reflect that. My.check I.get on.Thursday already has. Sucks.

Quoting quickbooksworm:

This shit is driving me crazy. I do payroll. I'm supposed to do it and make the deposits tomorrow. They are fucking with my schedule!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:32 PM
And actually from what I did read payroll taxes weren't included so those payroll tax cuts expired regardless. Deal or not everyone's payroll taxes are going up 2%.

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:34 PM

It says the house will vote tonight on a Senate bill to avert the fiscal cliff.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:36 PM
They seriously just updated it. While in bath thy said they weren't. I don't see it passing. There is a lot of.opposition.

Regardless payroll taxes are still going up for everyone. They didn't include that.

Quoting Anonymous:

It says the house will vote tonight on a Senate bill to avert the fiscal cliff.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Well what do they care? The lifestyles of Congress wont be affected. Who cares if the average citizen will hurt? Our government sucks.
MamatoKy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Sigh. Another 40 bucks from my check. I swear the government wants me on PA
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)