Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I doing the right thing? Custody related..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

Quick backstory.. I have 3 children by my ex, he was abusive, I left in 2010, didnt hear from him after that. he moved out of state. I needed some state assistance for a while and was required to file for child support. went to court june 2012 and child support and custody was established. I got full custody and visitation decisions were left up to me. I could decide when, where and if he would see them. still didnt hear from him. in august they began income witholding for child support and suddenly he wanted to see the kids. but he was an ass about it and i said no. he took me back to court to change the custody agreement and the judge ordered that he only gets supervised visitation at a facility with a social work once a month for 12 month. then the court will review and decide if any changes should be made. 

the facility costs him $120 to enroll and $80 per visit because he is a non resident of this state. he said, and i quote "i am not paying to see my kids for a measly 1 hour. its not worth it" so he asked in november if he could see them in december and give them a christmas present. i was hesitant, but i agreed. well he didnt show. he said he couldnt afford it. so now hes asking to see them in january and i said no, we are gonna go by the court now. it is what i feel comfortable with. he is so mad, he left me 12 voicemails saying "my days are numbered" and hes gonna hunt me down and take care of me and i should have just shut the fuck up and stayed with him and i wouldnt be having this problem and all kinds of stuff. My husband is pissed that he is talking to me this way. 

I feel i did the right thing deciding to stick to the court order, especially due to his history of violence which we can obviously see has not changed. How should i handle this situation from here on out? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:41 PM

bump

skyelyns_mommie
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I would get a restraining order stat he is threaten you mama. Document everything and go to the cops
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:45 PM

im afraid if i get a restraining order that if he ever gets to see the kids outside of this facility it will have to be without me present because of the restraining order. I would rather be there to protect my kids than them be alone with him. 

Quoting skyelyns_mommie:

I would get a restraining order stat he is threaten you mama. Document everything and go to the cops

kewtie
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:46 PM

I agree...I'd also make sure my lawyer and the judge saw what he was saying.

Quoting skyelyns_mommie:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:50 PM

bump

Danyell9301
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:54 PM

I would get a restraining order fast. I would also send those voice mails to the court so they will be on file. I do the same things. The kids will remember who was there for them and who was not. Good Luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:11 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:24 PM

bump!

mandifox82
by Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:30 PM
I would def get a restraining order for you and the kids...... As far as him getting unsupervised visits prob isn't going to happen for a very long time if at all as he is not participating in his court ordered supervised visits and he is threatening you..... Please please go to the police and the courts with those voicemails
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jkleinman
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Quoting Danyell9301:

I would get a restraining order fast. I would also send those voice mails to the court so they will be on file. I do the same things. The kids will remember who was there for them and who was not. Good Luck.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN