Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

we had the cops come over last night... edited

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 156 Replies
5 moms liked this

dh and i have a tradition where we shoot off 10 rounds each (SAFELY!!!!!!!!!!!!) at midnight on NYE. well, last night, in accordance to all the shootings taking place, we each only shot two. the GD neighbor, who I want to shove an ice pick through his pecker... called the cops!

He knows we do this every year! Every year! Two rounds each, and in a safe direction... really? He called the cops every time we had a bonfire this summer. He doesn't do anything!! He's a recluse, but that doesn't mean that he gets to call the cops just because he's not one for the outside world!

He's not home a lot, because I guess he works for the IRS, but when he is, GD it's like he's the mayor of the street!

Our houses are close, but there is still a descernable property line, which we never cross (unless we HAVE to mow his lawn for him because he just straight refuses.) But it still pisses me off, and ruined my evening/morning because we had the cops on our doorstep. UGH

vent over.

for the record, we live in the country, not a city. our town has maybe 2500 residents. there are no gun laws stating we cannot fire on private property. escpecially since there is nothing but miles upon miles of fields and woods behind us.

AS I STATED IN A COMMENT, JUST BECAUSE DH AND I ENJOY OUR 2ND AMENDMENT RIGHT, THAT PROBABLY MOST EVERYONE HERE IS HOPING THEY BAN, DOES NOT MAKE US REDNECKS! WHATSOEVER! SO STOP WITH THOSE COMMENTS!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:03 PM
16 moms liked this
Wtf is your issue. You can't be firing fucking guns off. Morons. I would've called too!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:03 PM
2 moms liked this

Shooting guns near other people's houses really isn't safe or responsible I would have called too!

Tooth_Inspector
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Honestly I would have as well. I have extreme issues with gunshots that send me into extreme anxiety attacks. Besides, what is a safe direction? Do you live in a close neighborhood or in the country? I live in the city so that's why I would, personally. Sorry for the hassle!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:05 PM
3 moms liked this

Next time he doesn't mow his lawn call the authorities on him. IN NY sanitation will give a ticket if the lawn is overgrown and messed up

jessimicuh
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:05 PM
3 moms liked this
Umm go to a private area and firm the guns.. I don't blame 'GD neighbor' for calling the police, really..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Good. I am glad he called.

CuriousArentYa
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't understand why you have to mow the lawn for him. Just call codes, obviously he wouldn't hesitate to call on you. 

Do you live in the city or the county?

Grumpylilpixy
1 mom liked this

I don't think you can shoot a gun " Safetly" in a residential area. I don't feel comfortable doing it here and we live on 1/2 -1 acre lots. I guess I respect my neighbors.

beerebelly
1 mom liked this

What did the cops say?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:06 PM
5 moms liked this

Why the hell are you shooting a gun anyways? They are there for protection, not used to celebrate with. There are these things called fireworks, google them. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)