Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just don't get it

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:06 PM
  • 27 Replies
4 moms liked this

It seems like half of the posts in here have issues that could easily be resolved by communicating with the guy you're with.

"I have to ask him this, but don't know how" If you can't even ask your husband a simple question (one girl didn't know how to ask her fiance why he doesn't tip) how can you ever handle the hard questions? It's amazing how little the women in here talk to the guy with them... you made a baby with him, you can ask him whether he likes cherry or blueberry pie....

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vale131
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:20 PM
2 moms liked this
I think it has something to do with the age of the posters on here. I think a lot are very young and immature/ inexperienced. My son is married to a 21 year old. He says he finds out more stuff from her fb statuses than talking to her :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Idntreallycare
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:24 PM

I'm only 25 myself, I've never really had an issue talking to my husband. Is stuff uncomfortable at times? Yes.... but we work through it. I've even written notes at times because I was afraid it wouldn't come out right. But I don't just not talk to him about stuff because it may offend him

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with the PP, it seems a lot to do with age and length of relationships. A lot of these women tend to get themselves knocked up before they get to know the father first. 

TheMrs407
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:28 PM
I think you're right. I met dh when I was 19, we didn't marry until I was out of college, but we argued SO much more than we do now. I'm sure it's a combination of age learning one another, learning how to communicate and picking battles, but a lot of that has to do with age and the length of a relationship.

Quoting vale131:

I think it has something to do with the age of the posters on here. I think a lot are very young and immature/ inexperienced. My son is married to a 21 year old. He says he finds out more stuff from her fb statuses than talking to her :(
brebugmom91
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:28 PM
I'm 21 and dh is 22, we've been married for 3.5 years, and we talk about everything. He is my number one person to go to. I don't understand the people who can't talk to their spouse.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:30 PM

People shouldn't get married until their brains are fully developed. And that doesn't happen until our mid 20's.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:31 PM

It has a lot to do with maturity and baggage. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Quoting vale131:

How old is he?

MrsRinehart2010
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:33 PM

lol I dont know . Im a loud mouth an will be the first to ask something lol ..

My husband of all people know this he had a milliion an one questions thrown at him the night we met lol. An it still continues to this day lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Thats probably why they have kids.  "Honey, why don't you wear a condom?"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)