Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Happy frigging new year

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:38 PM
  • 11 Replies

so, uhm yeah, my day started off great till about 3 hours ago when my Mom called to say my step-Grandpa died at about 2:30 today. He was 93 would have been 94 in March.

He wasn't blood, he was a bastard and mean, but still he was married to my Grandma since 1985 and she loved him so my sadness is for her.

I always said that mean old bastard would out live us all including my 8 year old dd; guess I was wrong.

anybody else's day not go how you thought it would?

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BEXi
by BEXi on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Sorry for your families loss.

Money Hungry Mommy Blog

waffa
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this

thank you, but I'm really not sad for the loss as he had a really decent long life, my sadness is for my Grandma who loved him more than any of his kids.

Quoting BEXi:

BEXi
by BEXi on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:44 PM

I understand how you feel. My old mean ass grandmother probably wont make it to 2014 and its about freaking time. Im sorry, but she drinks and smokes like there is no tomorrow, has all different types of cancers, and abused my mother and aunt when they were kids and kicked them out the day they turned 18 (they are twins).

My mom is still pretty upset, I feel bad for my mom- but my grandmother is the antichrist!!

Quoting waffa:

thank you, but I'm really not sad for the loss as he had a really decent long life, my sadness is for my Grandma who loved him more than any of his kids.

Quoting BEXi:

Money Hungry Mommy Blog

jbirdsladie27
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Quoting BEXi:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
waffa
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:50 PM
1 mom liked this

totally get it, and no need to explain.

my big question is will his kids honor his last wishes or just do what they want?

he's jewish, and from what I understand he has to be buried in a few days BUT his wishes were to be cremated; I'm curious to see if we are even invited to the funeral or memorial (really long story for another day)

Quoting BEXi:

I understand how you feel. My old mean ass grandmother probably wont make it to 2014 and its about freaking time. Im sorry, but she drinks and smokes like there is no tomorrow, has all different types of cancers, and abused my mother and aunt when they were kids and kicked them out the day they turned 18 (they are twins).

My mom is still pretty upset, I feel bad for my mom- but my grandmother is the antichrist!!

Quoting waffa:

Quoting BEXi:

Jean8282
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Well my day went very good at first. My kids woke up and crawled into bed with me and we slept in until 8... then my son puked on my pillow and my daughter had diarrhea all over the bathroom floor.

I am sorry for your grandma's loss, and yours.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Sorry for your Grandmothers Loss.................

waffa
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:00 PM
1 mom liked this

thank you.

My 8 y/o dd is going for a visit tomorrow overnight as a distraction; I hope it helps.

Quoting Sassy762:

Sorry for your Grandmothers Loss.................

chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Actually, it sounds like your day is going pretty well.  My day has been good.  We all (dh, me, dd, home from college and ds  who's 15!) all went to see Les Miserables.  It was so good.  DD and I loved it.  The two boys even thought it was pretty good.  

Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Sorry for your loss.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)