Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

relieved ds probably will not be short

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
I believe men of shorter stature have a hard time being treated fairly. Also, my doodyhead biofather is well below average height so I confess, I had some minor worries ds would wind up being below average height.

Some of my silly worrying is unfounded as I am 5'8.5" and DH is average height. DS is in the 60th percentile for height which is fine by me.He may be anywhere from 5'10 to 6' as an adult. :)
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Alliemad_3
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:54 PM
I'm actually pretty concerned my son will be short. I'm 5'7, so slightly above average for a female. But my husband is also 5'7, which is below average for a male. My son was only 32" at his 2 year appointment. He's a peanut.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SRUsarahSC
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:55 PM

I'm five foot, my husband is six foot.  So far, little girl comes in right at 50% and DR is predicting she will be about 5'3". Almost average!  

morrigan914
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:55 PM
My dad was 5'11 and my little brother came up as 5'2.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:58 PM

I am 5'3 and hubby is 5'6. The doctors are guessing my son will be 5'10

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:58 PM

All the men in my family are tall - dad 6'2, brother 6'1, paternal grandpa and uncles 6'0, hubby 6'3, BIL 6'5, FIL 6'1.

Almost all the women in my family are short - mom 5'5, aunts 5'2, SIL 5'4, maternal grandmother 5'5.

But I'm 5'7 and my other SIL is 5'11, so tall genes are more likely :)

ivy801
by Big Mama on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:14 PM
I know nh kids will be short cause I'm short and so id hubby and al id my mom a.d his mom.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MizzDeeDee
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:32 AM

Ehh.. I don't know how it works. I was told my daughter would be at least my height or taller because I am 5'8 and her dad is 6'0, but she is consistantly in the 35% for height.

I guess it's different for chicks, I just figure she can do things I couldn't with my height, like gymnastics and ballet (which I had to quit).

My brother's son is a little taller than me at 16 and his dad is 6'3 but his mom is like 5'1. You never know I guess. Genetics are weird.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:35 AM

Great things come in small packages, including males.

My father was a Drill Sgt in the Army, he is 5'6 maybe 5'7.  My grandfather fought in WWII and was a great man, smart & kind & respectful & strong very strong & was short as well.

Sorry but you are ridiculous for looking down on "short" people.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)