Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not how I wanted to start the year!

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:08 PM
  • 13 Replies

So Sunday evening while out and about dh's car decided to not start. It took us getting help from three different people in order to get his car to work and then the whole way home the headlights just kept flashing like the car was about to shut off. We finally get home and turn it off and now it refuses to start, wont take a jump nothing. UGH! So we take his battery up to AutoZone to get the battery to charge and they said that it was bad and was leaking acid. So now we have to wait until tomorrow to take it up to Walmart where he got it in the first place two months ago to get it replaced and hope that that works. Now time to find him a ride to work tomorrow and I have to find a way to get to my doc apt. Its to far from the bus stop otherwise I'd catch the bus even being 28 weeks pregnant. THis is so not how I wanted to start this year off. Hopefully this is not an indication of what this year will be like.

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BEXi
by BEXi on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Im so sorry ):

Im sure it will work out!

Money Hungry Mommy Blog

MumsTheWord571
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:11 PM
That sucks! Hope things get better!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
poeticrose09
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Quoting BEXi:

Im so sorry ):

Im sure it will work out!

Thanks. As of right now it looks like I have to call and reschedule my apt which I dont want to do becuase I'm high risk and have a ton of questions for her.

MichelleJ1000
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:14 PM
I feel your pain somewhat..started the new year with plumbing problems plus I am sick and justb started my period. Happy freaking New Year!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:16 PM
I know they said the battery but,id get your alternator checked to. That's what usually causes the problems with the lights and all. Good luck I hope the new year gets better for you!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:18 PM
I hear you on the bad start. My fil died yesterday morning, my grandfather had a seizure on Sunday, and my best friend who's parents live 2 hrs away and she doesn't drive, her dad fell and was hospitalized yesterday I took her to see him today and he was diagnosed with prostate cancer while we were there, she's a daddys girl
poeticrose09
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I know they said the battery but,id get your alternator checked to. That's what usually causes the problems with the lights and all. Good luck I hope the new year gets better for you!

We are so hoping it is just the battery becuase the alternator would be an arm and a leg to fix for us right now and we're just hoping to make it until we get taxes to put a down payment on a car. Ugh

poeticrose09
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I hear you on the bad start. My fil died yesterday morning, my grandfather had a seizure on Sunday, and my best friend who's parents live 2 hrs away and she doesn't drive, her dad fell and was hospitalized yesterday I took her to see him today and he was diagnosed with prostate cancer while we were there, she's a daddys girl

Prayers are headed your way. I'm sorry to hear all of that. Hope everything turns around for the better.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:30 PM

I was thinking the same thing!

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:33 PM
This is what happens when people don't know things about there vehicles. Also, why wal mart seriously? Wal Mart is not the place to buy automotive things! It may be cheaper but there is a reason cheap is not best. Especially when it comes to cars!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)